Roast chicken

tarshlove, Nov 23, 3:05am
I'm doing one tonight and would like something to flavor the skin any ideas tyia

teddy147, Nov 23, 3:17am
i like to put lemon juice on mine then sprinkle fresh thyme and black pepper on it.

floralsun, Nov 23, 3:40am
Spreading honey mustard on the skin and sprinkling with a little salt is goooooddd!

eastie3, Nov 23, 4:58am
Another idea is to make a flavoured butter with herbs or minced garlic and spread it under the skin.Not likely to get the Heart Foundation tick,but ok as an occasional treat I guess.

fisher, Nov 23, 5:51am
Yup rosemary finely chopped and mixed into "softened" butter with some white pepper... push it under the skin and press it around so it spreads.. melted butter over the top of the chook with a little salt sprinkled on and into oven to roast...

stormbaby, Aug 29, 3:55pm
Waves to fisher.Bit late for tonight's tea, but I mix soft butter with fresh garlic, tarragon, salt, pepper and parsley. I cut most of the fat and skin off the ends of the chicken, and smear the butter mixture both top and bottom and inside. Then I put it in an oven bag, or my clay pot in the oven. Towards the end of the cooking I open and pour off any excess butter and leave the bag open to brown a bit more. Its so tender and delicious. Funny enough, my Mum always cooked in butter, and so did I.