Question 4 cookessentials re pav

ribit, Nov 23, 12:40am
I notice you make a pav in a springform tin, will any recipe do. If is is no trouble I would love you to post the recipe that you use.I like the idea of the shape of it.My hens are laying 10 eggs a day and the two of us can not keep up with them.Would you be able to freeze this pav?Thank you in advance.

cookessentials, Nov 23, 12:43am
Hi ribit, I have the recipe posted on here somewhere. I shall look it up for you.

cookessentials, Nov 23, 12:45am
Here you go. As far as i know, you would not be able to freeze it.but who knows, I guess you could try it. This recipe has a nice crisp outer shell with a nice marshmallow centre.

Pavlova
6x egg whites at room temp.
pinch salt
2 cups caster sugar
1 1/4 tsp vinegar ( use malt vinegar)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

Preheat your oven to slow (150C)
Beat egg whites wiith salt on high speed until soft peaks form. Add sugar, 1tbsp at a time,beating well after each addition. Stop beating when all sugar has been incorporated and fold in vinegar and vanilla. Pile mixture into a greased 20cm springform tin and lightly smooth the top. Place pavlova into oven and bake 45 minutes,then turn oven off and leave with door shut for one hour. Remove from oven to cool completely at room temp. Remove sides from springform tin. Fill pavlova generously with whipped cream and your choice of topping. I usually do freshly sliced Kiwifruit.

Use a non-stick springform tin and use a light spray around the base and sides using a cooking spray.

ribit, Nov 23, 12:59am
Wonderful thank you, I'm away to try it now.

floralsun, Nov 23, 3:38am
Our recipe is similar - we freeze it with complete success - due to sugar content it stays at a similar consistency without going hard and can be used straight from the freezer - even cut off a slice or two to use from the freezer.

seniorbones, Aug 28, 6:55pm
Hi Pam, this sounds like a nice big pav? my recipe has 3 egg whites, I am going to do the pav like it is showing on the cuisine mag cover for boxing day family get together so will try your recipe as I think I would need lots!