Bet frying pan/wok

friendly_prawn, Nov 18, 8:03am
I dont do a lot of cooking out of frying pans but if I do I hate the fact our small pan splashes oil all over the stove top.
Also, I keep noticing the teflon slowly wears off leaving me wondering how good ingesting teflon is for some one.

I was thinking of buying a wok but from memory, they need to be oiled before putting away in the cupboard. I dont like the idea of food residue left on cooking utensils so I think that rules that out..

Any suggestions for a really good non stick frying pan or similar?

cookessentials, Nov 18, 8:20am
Non stick pans are for low to medium heat only. If you are stir-frying at a high heat, this is why the coating is flaking off. First thing, chuck the pan. You NEVER use a non stick pan that is flaking.
Infinite Circulon which are a hard anodised pan do a wok which has a flat base making it ideal for electric stoves etc. They have a lifetime guarantee- you may see the advertiements which are on the television at the moment. NZ Masterchef used these pans last year and they will be using them again this next series. Your next option is a seasoned cast iron...L
"Lodge" do a great pre-seasoned cast iron range, including a wok. Or the other option is a carbon steel wok, which you must season.

friendly_prawn, Nov 18, 8:33am
so infinite circulon sound like the way to go eh? Might look in to buying one.. thank you very much for the advice.. much appreciated.

sarahj1, Nov 18, 4:45pm
Have used Lodge cast iron pans for over 20 years - they are great - will see me out!Just make sure you only wash them with hot water- no soap and certainly not in the dishwasher. (Same goes for woks too of course)

cookessentials, Nov 18, 5:18pm
Yes, quite right, they are a fabulous product and have been made by the same small commpany in the USA since about 1896. For a non stick pan, yes, Infinite Circulon for sure.

cookessentials, Nov 18, 5:20pm
The twin pack of a 28cm and 24cm is the best way to go as far as skillets (fry pans) go as it works out dearer to buy them individually.

dbab, Aug 18, 1:41am
I've got a Breville electric wok as I don't have gas. I use it a lot as I can get it really hot, and it stays hot, unlike a frying pan which loses heat quickly.