Would you roast half defrosted pork

vintagekitty, Nov 17, 12:38am
will it be ok, or shall I defrost completely in the microwave?

valentino, Nov 17, 12:48am
Suggest not in the microwave.

Prepare as one normally roast,

But start roasting at a lower than normal oven heat, covered with foil for at least an hour to 2 hours depending on size then increase the heat to normal until cooked.

Oh, one can remove the skin firstly if desired but leave as much fat as possible on the roast.

One can grill the skin later on by scouring it with slashes then a salt rub then grill, or,

leave on the roast and give the roast - skin - salted, a grill prior to resting and serving.

mike844, Nov 17, 12:51am
just roast it normally but add extra time cooking it works here and don't cover it otherwise no crackle

cgvl, Nov 17, 12:59am
agree with Mike. Just roast as normal but may take longer to cook right through. I also don't cover as I like lots of crackling and can't be bothered grilling just to get crackle.

vintagekitty, Nov 17, 1:01am
great, thanks for that. Its so cold here, im thinking it may not fully defrost in time

valentino, Nov 17, 2:12am
With the use of foil, the juices stays in longer.....

When one cooks it normal is to roast as normal but then still allow the foil to remain then open the foil on top of roast for that last hour, always superb especially with the juices kept within the foil at the base of roast.

Quite often add wine to these juices and the initial oil to give that extra moisture, basting and to counter the fats........

greerg, Nov 17, 2:27am
Putting it in a dish and then putting the dish in a sink of hot water helps too.

devalois, Nov 17, 2:34am
Not recommended to cook frozen meat this way for safety reasons, and chef friends have told me it's never as nice, either. Just ensure the pork is cooked THOROUGHLY, and NO pink juices are still running when tested with a skewer.. devalois

vintagekitty, Aug 12, 11:56am
Thats ok, i'll feed the family first, if they dont get sick, I'll eat it:)