Nice batter for fish

bunny36, Nov 14, 8:51pm
Have been given a lovely piece of blue cod and my hubby wants me to do it in a batter.Please can someone tell me how to do this and how to cook it and how long

lavender32, Nov 14, 9:11pm
I use the Beer Batter Mix from supermarket.If I don't have beer in fridge I use soda water.Never fails. Deep fry it until golden brown & don't forget to flour it before battering it.

vtired, Nov 14, 9:15pm
This is a masterchef Aust beer batter recipe from 2010 season and is crisp and very nice.
75 grms Self Raising flour, 75 grms Cornflour, add 1/4 tsp baking soda and generous pinch salt, pour in 150 mls light chilled beer and mix, make sure fish is lightly floured before putting into batter, cook and serve straight away.

bisloy, Nov 15, 8:04am
Make sure your pan is quite hot before you put the oil in, then wait until the oil it hot too, then add your fish. Watch it carefully, as it will turn from browning nicely to burning quickly. Turn it carefully using two spatulas or long-pronged forks, to avoid breaking the fish. Remember to rest the fish for just a few minutes on paper towels to let it finish cooking and absorb any extra oil. Yummy, lucky you!

soden, Nov 15, 8:19am
Whip together an egg white and about 2 tabs of cornflour then fry in hot oil!

ethelz1, Nov 15, 8:26am
I do 1 cup self-raising flour,1 tablespoon vinegar and tepid water to make a thinish batter.Dip fish in plain flour first then into batter.I don't mix this batter up untilI'm ready to use it.Very nice light crisp batter

firob, Nov 16, 1:07am
All we ever use for a beer batter is 1c flour & 1c beer, ( good lager ) pinch salt. this around a piece of Blue Cod is superb.

pericles, Nov 16, 1:10am
Beer Batter Recipe
Before you start, drink one beer to check for quality. Good, isn’t it? Now go ahead.

Ingredients

1 case beer
1 cups flour
2 large eggs
1 onion
salt and pepper
fish
deep fryer
oil

Method

Get a shallow bowl, fork, salt, pepper, etc. Drink another beer. It must be just right. To be sure beer is of the highest quality, drink another beer as fast as you can. Repeat.

With fork, mix flour in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 seaspoon of satl and imx again. Meanwhile, make sure that the beer is of the finest quality– drink another one. Add 2 arge leggs, 2 pinchers of epperp and mix till high. If yeg golk gets stuck in fork, just scrape it loose with a drewscriver. Drink another beer, checking for tonscisticity.

Next sift 3 cups of pepper or salt (it really doesn’t matter which). Drink antoher reeb. Sift 1/2. Fold in chopped oninions and one babblespoon of bree, or whatever liquid you can find if you don’t want to waste beer. Wix mell. Have another beeber.

Pour oil in turn and fry deep fater to higher. Dump ifsh into miexd tabber. Now dropped fillettettes into feep dat rfyer and kooc. Drink the rest of the beer, plug unfry ther and bo to ged.

puppetman, Aug 8, 10:56pm
x1
I never go past 'fishers' batter. Where are you Fisher?:)