Wanting a licensed kitchen

ultravioleteyes, Nov 14, 5:06am
Does anyone know of a licensed kitchen in east Auckland that is available for renting. Only need it for a few hours now and then.

ultravioleteyes, Nov 14, 6:39am
Does anyone want to rent out their licensed kitchen?

tortenz, Nov 14, 7:12am
Good luck.. they can be quite hard to find!I'd recommend maybe contacting your local sport club rooms to see if you can rent theirs.. they often have a registered kitchen.I use one at a netball club, but also had a squash club reply to me saying I could use theirs too (different part of the country though!)

auntlb, Nov 14, 7:20am
Also try your local RSA - they sometimes have their kitchens avail for short term hire

julie55, Nov 15, 3:04am
Hi some experience here as it took me 6 months to find this in Wellington - reckon the need (gap in the market?) also elsewhere.
Ok- Contact your local Council Community Halls Team. They manage public space with these kitchens and charge only a low rate. Save you a lot of hassles with your licence as they manage the site! You may find (like I did) that schools, churches, etc do not meet the Council standards and often are used to heat precooked food as opposed to having the facilities that meet your needs and the strict Council standards.They were also reluctant to hire or even assist (too much hassle? and I got every excuse you can think of.
I hire - for a market stall- a local Comminity Hall with fabulous space, have my own key and a regular booking for $26pw. I contacted a local cafe (up to $100 per hour) and I have a friend using caterers space at night for $50 per hour. And then you still have to tick all the Council and the premises owners' boxes.

This area in a minefield! Good Luck.

2halls, Nov 15, 6:37am
Golf clubs are a really good bet ... they always have licensed kitchens and are often willing to let you hire them outside their normal hours.You may find you need to do the hours late at night, or very early in the morning,but this may not be a concern to you ?

bisloy, Nov 15, 7:44am
Try the polytech

ultravioleteyes, Nov 15, 11:01am
Thanks for all the good advice. Will defiantly have a look at all these options. Feel free to add to this thread if you know of any kitchens available. I know of another two ladies that are also looking for a kitchen.

toadfish, Nov 15, 5:16pm
Not sure how East is East but Salvation Army - Howick in Wellington street have an amazing catering kitchen and may look at a donation for hireage... the people there are amazing.. maybe you can do a deal and help them with their food parcels or Christmas hampers...

ultravioleteyes, Nov 17, 12:06am
Thanks toadfish, will have a look at that option also. A few months ago I saw a sign advertising a kitchen for free on Pakuranga highway. It was across Pakuranga college. I don't see that sign anymore. If anyone knows about this kitchen please let me know.

ultravioleteyes, Nov 14, 6:39am
Does anyone want to rent out their licensed kitchen!

tortenz, Nov 14, 7:12am
Good luck. they can be quite hard to find!I'd recommend maybe contacting your local sport club rooms to see if you can rent theirs. they often have a registered kitchen.I use one at a netball club, but also had a squash club reply to me saying I could use theirs too (different part of the country though!)

julie55, Nov 15, 3:04am
Hi some experience here as it took me 6 months to find this in Wellington - reckon the need (gap in the market!) also elsewhere.
Ok- Contact your local Council Community Halls Team. They manage public space with these kitchens and charge only a low rate. Save you a lot of hassles with your licence as they manage the site! You may find (like I did) that schools, churches, etc do not meet the Council standards and often are used to heat precooked food as opposed to having the facilities that meet your needs and the strict Council standards.They were also reluctant to hire or even assist (too much hassle! and I got every excuse you can think of.
I hire - for a market stall- a local Comminity Hall with fabulous space, have my own key and a regular booking for $26pw. I contacted a local cafe (up to $100 per hour) and I have a friend using caterers space at night for $50 per hour. And then you still have to tick all the Council and the premises owners' boxes.

This area in a minefield! Good Luck.

2halls, Nov 15, 6:37am
Golf clubs are a really good bet . they always have licensed kitchens and are often willing to let you hire them outside their normal hours.You may find you need to do the hours late at night, or very early in the morning,but this may not be a concern to you !

toadfish, Nov 15, 5:16pm
Not sure how East is East but Salvation Army - Howick in Wellington street have an amazing catering kitchen and may look at a donation for hireage. the people there are amazing. maybe you can do a deal and help them with their food parcels or Christmas hampers.

darkestangel1, Nov 16, 6:18pm
Just read your request - know it was a year ago but wonder if you are still looking - as I can think of one - but not sure if you still require it or not.

ultravioleteyes, Nov 17, 12:06am
Thanks toadfish, will have a look at that option also. A few months ago I saw a sign advertising a kitchen for free on Pakuranga highway. It was across Pakuranga college. I don't see that sign anymore. If anyone knows about this kitchen please let me know.