Spinach salads

tam39, Nov 13, 7:57am
Hi there, have just picked some spinach from the garden and thought a salad will be nice with tea tomorrow.
does anyone have any ideas of what to put with it? Thanks.

sooseque, Nov 13, 9:15am
Nice with young spinach leaves, chopped yellow pepper (or red) button mushrooms, roasted pinenuts, chopped tomato, chopped cooked bacon (optional).Dress with, 2 TBLSP white vinegar, 1 tsp grainy mustart, 1 tsp sugar, 2 cloves garlic crushed, s & p, 1/3 cup olive oil, 2 tsp chopped fresh basil whisked together,don't dress until ready to serve,yum yum.

valentino, Nov 13, 9:33pm
A superb Salad, one can leave out the Daikon and Sesame, plus use a Telegraph cucumber instead of Lebanese....

Japanese Spinach salad

2 eggs,
1 sheet nori cut into matchsticks,
150g baby spinach leaves,
1 small red onion finely sliced,
½daikon radish ( similar to Chinese turnip ) finely sliced,
2 Lebanese cucumbers sliced,
30g pickled ginger sliced,
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds.

DRESSING; 1/3 cup light olive oil,
1 tablespoon rice vinegar,
1 tablespoon light soy sauce.

Preheat element to hot.
Beat the eggs lightly in a small bowl, add 1 tablespoon water and the nori.
Season well.
Heat and grease a 20cm omelette pan, pour in the mixture to make a thin omelette, when lightly browned flip and repeat..
Turn out onto a chopping board and leave to cool.
Cut the omelette into thin strips.

To make the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and soy sauce until combined. Toss together the spinach leaves, onion, daikon, cucumber, ginger, toasted sesame seeds, omelette strips and dressing in a large bowl.
Ready to serve.

karenz, Aug 3, 8:50am
The one I like has cubed avocado, halved cherry tomatoes and with crumbled crispy streaky bacon tossed through just before you serve it.I just use an olive oil and wine vinegar dressing, three times as much oil as vinegar.I also rub a clove of garlic around the inside of the salad bowl.You can add feta cheese, olives, cucumber but it is good to keep it simple too.