Creamy mushrooms?

whiteroses, Nov 6, 9:20pm
Went to a cafe recently and had the most divine creamy mushrooms on sourdough toast spread with basil pesto. I have bought the bread, pesto and mushrooms, just need a recipie for the superb creamy part.There didn't seem to be much cream , the sauce was clear but itdefinatley had garlic and herbs- suggestions anyone?

margyr, Nov 6, 10:05pm
hi there, cook your mushrooms in some butter and garlic, have it quite hot so the mushrooms dont make too much liquid, salt and pepper and turn the heat down and slowly pour in some cream. My husband made some last weekend and used sour cream instead of cream, they were yum.

ferita, Nov 6, 10:30pm
if you want it without as much cream then cook mushrooms with garlic and onion then add some stock 9or white wine) and some cream. Then thicken with cornflour and water. makes it creamy but the stock or wine waters it down a bit so it is not just cream.

fisher, Nov 6, 10:55pm
the initial trick is to cook your mushrooms DRY at first... this reduces their moisture content and enhances the mushroom flavour 2 fold..
Then use whatever sauce mix method you want...

beaker59, Nov 8, 1:08am
I do mine in milk thickened with cornflour as I find the cream a bit too rich for me.

crystalmoon, Nov 8, 1:12am
all of above sounds great,we also add some dried mushroom soup mix to give it xtra flavour.Mmmmm....

naki45, Jul 20, 5:04pm
mm yum that is how I make mine too, I use this sauce with many things..great with steak and chips, or chicken....and as a sauce for fettucine, with added fresh herbs, chicken and/or bacon.
Have also used reduced cream too.