Roast Vegetables

gbabi, Nov 3, 9:07pm
What's your secret to getting them all nice and crispy, without burning them of course!!!

noonesgirl, Nov 3, 9:19pm
Give them a shake in a bag with flour & seasoning

marree, Nov 3, 10:04pm
Yes, noonesgirl - that's another one of the methods I use also - I'm getting hungry for roast veg now!!

tortenz, Nov 3, 10:05pm
Yea, I do flour too, and olive oil.Last time I made potatoes without flour (I don't know why), and I was so disappointed!!

I always boil my potatoes first for about 5 mins, then drain the water and put back on the stove to get rid of the excess water, but not long enough for them to stick.Then I put flour and seasoning with olive oil straight in the pot, lid on, and big shake!Coats them well, and means they get some rough edges which crisp up well.

sally174, Nov 3, 10:54pm
Use goose or duck fat, heat the dish and the fat first and then put the veges in (par cooked can help) Olive oil of course is much healthier :-) at at a fairly decent heat too

gbabi, Nov 3, 9:07pm
What's your secret to getting them all nice and crispy, without burning them of course!

marree, Nov 3, 10:04pm
Yes, noonesgirl - that's another one of the methods I use also - I'm getting hungry for roast veg now!

tortenz, Nov 3, 10:05pm
Yea, I do flour too, and olive oil.Last time I made potatoes without flour (I don't know why), and I was so disappointed!

I always boil my potatoes first for about 5 mins, then drain the water and put back on the stove to get rid of the excess water, but not long enough for them to stick.Then I put flour and seasoning with olive oil straight in the pot, lid on, and big shake!Coats them well, and means they get some rough edges which crisp up well.

uli, Nov 4, 5:12am
I just peel and cut the veges, then drizzle with olive oil and bake. The secret I have to offer is to have the oven at high temps (220 to 240 degrees C) to start with - then lower to 200 after half time (depends on the size of your chunks obviously). Never fails and is always crispy without the hassle of parboiling or adding flour.

southerngurl, Nov 4, 5:20am
yup high and uncovered to start with. then lower for the last half hour. nom nom nom

kinna54, Nov 4, 5:25am
microwave them uncovered in a Tbsp water for a couple of mins,(depending upon size and how many pieces) turn over and repeat.
Drain on paper towel, place on a hot oiled or non stick dish, drizzle with oil and bake in the ovenat 200-220c for a few mins, turning over during the cooking.
VERY crisp and low fat. By mcrowaving first you ensure they are cooked thru.

nfh1, Nov 4, 6:37am
Are you intending to stop all the threads dropping off uli!

Or just bored!

uli, Nov 4, 7:11am
Well if I am bored then the time has come to die - no I am NOT bored (and I am only on TM for about an hour a day - much less than when I couldn't walk at all and was on here for about 10 hours a day LOL) .

And I am only "saving" threads I think are relevant. Or have you seen me saving anything that's not worthwhile! (And I hope you are in a fine mettle too nfh1 - otherwise who is going to talk to me - except ellie of course - and maybe even cooksy)!

nfh1, Nov 4, 7:57am
Delighted to say I am very good healthwise uli - but very sad as I lost my dog on Saturday to cancer.

I have seen you post about your accident - how long ago was it!

And no - the threads you are bumping are interesting, especially when I see I have posted and think it was yesterday or something and cannot remember!

uli, Nov 4, 8:16am
I am sorry to hear about your dog nfh1 - never good to lose a friend. my accident was 7 years ago . yes long time to learn walking again.

nfh1, Nov 4, 8:20am
thank you - yes it is very difficult, he was only 4.House is very empty without him.

Seven years - that is a long long time.Good job we do not know what is store for us sometimes.