Lollie tree? Any ideas

niclee, Nov 1, 1:19am
Hi am very interested in making a lollie tree for xmas table decoration (using Roses choc or something similar) Does any one know how these are made or any suggestions...thanks

celosia, Nov 1, 1:23am
very popular - get a polystyrene cone (sort of tree shaped they are) and either hot glue or pin your choccies to it.Because it takes a lot of choccies, I make little 'tufts' of green celophane to represent the greenery of the tree - I also cover the polystyrene in green celophone too.It becomes quite heavy so my husband made a tree trunk from piece of dowling, and we placed that into a weighted tin, then I made a red circular mat from felt to drape over the stand - very much admired.

celosia, Nov 1, 1:24am
sorry, and I pin/glue the 'tufts' on 'tree' first, then the choccies. Hope you can understand what I mean.

clareypen, Nov 1, 4:46pm
I got a cone shaped Christmas deco last year from Uncle bills in Palmy- cost about $2-3 I bought a couple in green, gold and red and then pinned Chocolates to the "tree" with pearl ended pins. The kids Teachers LOVED them :)

lynja, Nov 1, 6:06pm
i make these quite often for christmas gifts for neighbours etc.
get a wine glass, a polystyrene ball, some cellophane (red or green for a good christmas look). wrap ball in the cellophane, and place it on top of the glass with all the extra cellophane at the bottom in the glass. using pins stick chocolates (i get mints and anything wrapped in red for preferencce but they also look good with random colours) all over the ball. add some curling ribbons cascading from the top. they look great and recipient can use the glass once christmas is over, hope this explains it well enough Niclee!

kiricat, Nov 1, 6:11pm
Thats how I do mine - work from the bottom up and I thread tinsel through it at the same time with a sprig of holly on the top

pamellie, Nov 2, 3:39am
Anyone got some photos of what they have made?

rai5, Nov 2, 3:58am
My word there are some very creative people out there.

natalie9, Nov 2, 6:28am
Would love to see some pics!

prendy1, Nov 2, 6:31am
Can you tell me how to grow a lollie tree? My kids would love one in the back yard! lol

lynja, Nov 2, 8:10am
will try and find some time to do one soon, unless someone else has more time to do it before me!!

donnabeth, Nov 3, 3:27am
They can be surprisingly expensive to make. I cut the cost by taking Christmas theme ribbon and pinning that around the ball to quarter it and pin the chocolates to the blank quarters. The bags of purple Cadbury's Duets give a nice contrast to the reds and greens.

lindylambchops1, Nov 3, 9:28am
Google Lolly Tree........this brings up some wonderful images & some great ideas!Now you have set me off!

margyr, Nov 3, 5:47pm
I had one given to me last year and found that the pins were quite difficult to get out and they had hot glued some as well. If I were to make one or give advise on making one then I would suggest using double sided cellotape to attach the lollies. And yes the bags of fudge duets hanging with the pascall lollies would be a cheaper way to go.

stormbaby, Nov 4, 8:09am
Mine are different again.I use either a wire tree (3 dimensional) or the little fake rough wire trees.I hot glue any paper wrapped lollies, usually in some sort of nice colour patternway starting from the bottom up. Done on a framed one they look awesome. Another alternative is to hot glue curling ribbon or string to your wrapped lollies, then tie them to the tree, if its a wire framed one.They make great gifts, or ours sit on the breakfast bar in a group, and when people come over prior to Christmas and "graze" we just replace the lollies that have been eaten.

fifie, Nov 4, 9:40am
Mine are made with a polystyrene cone,from spotlight, about a kg offoil wrapped chocs in 2 colours, ie red green, or gold green, pins with coloured heads, and a gold star with glitter on it for the top.
Starting at bottom pin a row of 1 colour of lollies through the end paper on the cone going up on a angle till you reach top, then do same with next colour, alternate right round till all the cone is covered. Place the star on top.Not cheap to make but you can use other lollies.

pamellie, Nov 4, 6:56pm
I have been looking for some red, gold or green wrapped lollies (for some reason I have toffees in mind) but cannot find them anywhere. does anyone know where I could get them?

fifie, Nov 4, 7:31pm
Pamellie, haven't got my lollies yet hope we can still get them.. There is a trader on here selling sweets these could be good. Auction 328341702 andyou can ask them for anything you want might be worth a try if you can't find your others.

niclee, Nov 4, 8:50pm
Thanks guys some great ideas here, will head to spot light next time I in town and get started...Thanks

pamellie, Nov 5, 1:53am
Thanks I did see those. How many do you think would be in 500 grams?

fifie, Nov 6, 3:20am
Sorry wouldn't know, ask that trader a question how many to 500gr'ms they might be able to tell you. I found when doing these it pays to have plenty as often you have to fill up gaps along the way and little fingers like to help themselves when passing by lol, so they soon get used up.

jed, Jul 17, 6:48am
I just purchased 2kg bags of lollies from Gimours.Approx $12 for the bag depending on what you are after.5kg bag of Macintosh lollies was $41.00Going to start making my lolly tree's this weekend.You tube has some great idea's as well.