Marinated mushrooms....

korbo, Oct 31, 8:19am
one of our local service clubs has these now and then on their buffet...They are the most delicious i have ever tasted.
Has anyone got a recipe for them .thanks.

245sam, Oct 31, 8:30am
From Trademecooks.....

"Marinated Mushrooms
1/2 cup olive oil, 2Tbs red wine vinegar, 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp grainy mustard, Salt and pepper, I tsp paprika, small bunch of spring onions, chopped parsley , 3 cloves of garlic (crushed) 500 grams button mushrooms sliced in half or quarters Combine all ingredients in a jar shake well. Add to mushrooms an hour before serving
posted by greg.n.michelle

Marinated Mushrooms
1/2 cup olive oil,2Tbsp red wine vinegar, 1Tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1tsp grainy mustard, salt pepper to taste, 1 tsp paprika (smoked is good),1 small bunch spring onions, parsley, 3 cloves crushed garlic, 500grams sliced button mushrooms. mix all the above together add mushrooms allow an hour before serving, This is always a big hit and seldom any are left over when taking a plate. I copied this off here a couple of years ago and it is very tasty. posted by ourlotnz

Marinated Mushroom Salad
Large salad bowl full of button mushrooms (remember they reduce so always best to start with heaps...Wipe mushrooms, trim stalk (I leave as much on as possible, never really understood why I would throw it away and not eat it) Cut larger buttons in half and leave smaller ones whole...Finely dice a red pepper, red onion and half a green pepper, add to mushrooms with bunch of finely chopped fresh herbs of your choice (looks christmassy). Mix together in jar 2 or 3 cloves crushed garlic...good amount ground black pepper...squeeze lemon juice...1/4 Cup EVOO and 1/4 C balsamic vin...freshly ground black pepper and herb salt. Toss and chill. This salad marinates more and more the longer it sits. Stir before serving. Usually lasts 2 days in fridge and tastes different each time you dip into it with developing flavours and textures.
posted by garrick2":-))

ferita, Jul 5, 6:08pm
The quick way is to wack a heap of button mushrooms in the microwave for a few minutes then pour on a balsamic vinegrette and chopped fresh herbs.
This way you can serve it right away but it is not as nice as the other ways mentioned.