Avocado and garlic aoli?

jc_cw, Oct 25, 8:57pm
we went to a restaurant sunday night and my gurnard was served with a really nice avocado and garlic sauce which i want to recreate, recipies anyone?

ferita, Oct 25, 9:04pm
was it an aoili?

jc_cw, Oct 25, 9:22pm
yea i think so, they served it in a mussel shell to dip the fish in, it was so so yummy

theanimal1, Oct 25, 11:11pm
Makes 1 Cup Aioli - Garlic Mayonnaise
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Ingredients:

* 3 cloves garlic
* 1 cup mayonnaise
* 1/2 tbsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice
* 1/4 tsp salt

Preparation:
Crush the garlic cloves with the flat of a knife, and remove the skin. Then mince the garlic very fine. Add a pinch of salt, and using the flat of the knife again, scrap and press the garlic against the cutting surface to make a very smooth paste. It's making this paste from the fresh garlic that gives aioli its intense garlic flavor.

Add the garlic to a small bowl, and whisk together with the rest of the ingredients. Wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to develop. Serve cold.

fisher, Oct 25, 11:17pm
Ingredients:...
6 cloves garlic.. 1 pinch of salt.. 2 egg yolks..300ml virgin olive oil.. 1 squeeze of lemon juice.. freshly ground black pepper.. avocado,mashed
Method:
Crush the peeled roughly chopped garlic cloves with a pinch of salt until a paste forms. A flat bladed knife is good. In a bowl beat the egg yolks and add the garlic. Now add the oil drop by drop, beating all the time, and continue until the sauce thickens and all the oil is incorporated. When the mixture is smooth and creamy, beat in a little fresh lemon juice and freshly ground black pepper and some previously mashed avocado..
Variations:
You can add a tsp of dijon mustard if wished..
You can add some very, very fine chopped basil..
You can add some very very fine chopped parsley..

greerg, Oct 26, 4:21am
Fisher - would one decent sized avocado be enough to give a good avo flavour or do you think it would take more?I love the sound of this!

fisher, Oct 26, 5:01am
Add as many as you like.. but.. one will give it a good "hint" of avo ..
Made as is, would be great also for pan fried chicken breasts..
add more avo reduce garlic to 4 cloves maybe...
If I was doing this for steamed mussels..I would be adding the basil as well.. basil goes so well with mussels as it does with tomatoes..

naki45, Oct 26, 5:05am
Oh yum this sounds delicious! Gonna have to make some and try it out.

greerg, Jun 23, 9:48pm
Me too & I have three avos that are just right!