Potato Bake (home made please)

walker18, Oct 21, 4:48am
We are going out tonight and would like to take a potato bake .

clair4, Oct 21, 4:58am
It is getting a little late to make it.Slice potato in thin slices, and layer some on a flat dish, add sliced onion, salt and pepper, then repeat with potatoes and onions.Add grated cheese,and a bottle of cream.Cook for approx. 1 hour until potato etc is cooked.You could halve the cream and add some milk.

cookessentials, Jun 14, 11:47pm
This is my specialty,I have copy and pasted it for you from another thread. Have also bumped the "Potatoes" thread.

Someone was asking about your best potato recipe, I have FINALLY found my "Pam's creamy potatoes" recipe, so here it is.
25g butter, melted;1 clove garlic,crushed;1/4 tsp nutmeg;2 cups grated tasty cheese; 1 kg potatoes,peeled and sliced thinly;2 eggs,lightly beaten;1x 300ml carton cream;1 cup milk;1/2 cup stale breadcrumbs;fresh herbs to garnish.
combine melted butter,garlic and nutmeg in a bowl. Brush a shallow oven proof dish with half the butter mixture. Sprinkle half the cheese over the base and layer the potato slices. Combine remaining butter mix, eggs, cream and milk in a jug and pour gently over potato slices. Sprinkle top with remaining cheese and breadcrumbs ( I dont usually bother with the breadcrumbs) Bake in hot oven - 200C for about 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. (Cover with foil if top becomes too brown.