Cookie Dough

horropop, Oct 20, 9:38pm
I was wondering if you are still able to get the rolls of raw cookie dough?I saw it once at Pack n Save quite a long time ago and wouldn't mind trying it

TIA

trading_gibsons, Oct 20, 9:52pm
Just in case you might want to make your own.

Makes 100
250g butter
1cup white sugar
1cup brown sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
4 cups flour
1/4 cup cornflour
1 tblspn baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

cream butter, sugar & vanilla essence until light & fluffy.Beat in eggs one at a time, sift together flour,cornflour,baking powder & salt.

To freeze:
form into 4 rolls,wrap in foil/gladwrap & freeze.

To use straight away , chill first.

Thaw until soft enough to slice, place on greased baking tray or baking paper. Bake at 180 for about 15 minutes.

PS. you can add your favourite ingredients
Choc chips ,nuts, coconut, essences,citrus zest or anything that takes your fancy, this is a great base recipe I often double it so I have lots in the freezer & I don't have to start from scratch.

Enjoy.

uli, Oct 21, 12:55am
Try "Mrs Higgins" - they sell raw cookie dough in several flavours.
http://www.mrshiggins.com/prodDetailed.php?p=9

uli, Oct 21, 12:57am

punkinthefirst, Oct 22, 12:56am
Google Icebox or refrigerator cookies. There are hundreds of recipes.

cookessentials, Oct 22, 1:15am
This is a recipe of Margaret Fulton and I have been using it for many years.

Refrigerator Biscuits-Makes 6 dozen! ! This dough can me stored, wrapped in freezer for months. Also can be stored for up to two weeks in fridge.

185g butter, 1cup firmly packed brown sugar, 1 egg,1 tsp vanilla, 2 1/4 cups flour,1/2 tsp salt,1/2 tsp baking powder. Cream butter & sugar, add egg and vanilla, beat well. Sift fliour, salt & b. p. Stir into creamed mix. Wrap in plastic wrap or foil, freeze until needed.
Slice thinly Put on a baking tray and bake in pre heated mod oven for 7-10 mins. Can be decorated with cherries or almonds or brushed with egg white and sprinkled with sugar before baking. . Makes 6 dozen.

uli, Oct 22, 1:49am
Looks like she wants to buy the stuff though, maybe not enough time between work and weekend?

janny3, Jun 13, 1:23pm
I looked but couldn't find any of the other chilled cookie dough.Can you still get that cookie dough in small buckets in supermarkets?