Cassia Spice. Where can I buy this spice? New

clair4, Oct 18, 5:25am
World in Hamilton, does not have it nor does Pak N Save.

245sam, Oct 18, 5:32am
clair4, do you have a Bin Inn nearby?I'm not sure but I think I saw cassia at our local (Christchurch) Bin Inn when I was there recently.

Hope that helps.:-))

davidt4, Oct 18, 5:44am
Cassia and cinnamon are very similar, and in fact a lot of what is sold as cinnamon is actually cassia.If you can't find anything labelled as cassia use cinnamon instead.

cookessentials, Oct 18, 7:48am
http://www.ground.co.nz/ground-gourmet-essentials/product_info.php?qt=2&p=38just phone fax or email and they will send it to you. Just grind it as you need it.

clair4, Oct 18, 10:19am
Thanks. will try Binn Inn or the Indian Shop that sells all spices etc.

nik12, Oct 18, 11:38am
I couldn't find it for ages either.. but I notice it's back at my New World, and I'm pretty sure I saw it at pac n sav.It's in a sachet type packet - might even be pams brand? - it's red.
If they don't have it I recon you should ask for it.
You can just swap to cinamon but, if it's belgium biscuits your making I can taste the difference :-)

whiskey13, Oct 18, 12:08pm
Yes nik12. i agree if you make one batch of belgium biscuits with cinnamon and another with cassia, i can tell you, you won't go back to using cinnamon again lol

clair4, Oct 18, 6:41pm
Yes I am going to make the belgium biscuits.Thanks nik12.I now know what to look for.I was looking at the pots of spices.

co-creations, Jun 10, 4:43pm
Hi there, I found Cassia Spice in Pak n Save Palmerston North with the other spices but a couple of shelves down, its a red and white foil resealable packet, like foil sachet type and it's made by Pams not greggs if that's any help.