Making pizza tonight

benandgabby, Oct 18, 2:37am
anyone got good recipe for pizza base that does not have to rise.

uli, Oct 18, 5:32am
Do you want
- a good recipe for pizza dough?
- or something that doesn't have to rise?

The first needs yeast and some time - best made a day or two in advance and kept in the fridge.

The latter you achieve with some substitutes like a scone dough, mountain bread,potato dough, flour tortilla or cauliflower dough ... but pizza it won't be - just a base with toppings.

Good luck!

cookessentials, Oct 18, 7:33am
So, why not give the poster a recipe than making them feel uncomfortable about asking for a recipe!!

cookessentials, Jun 9, 3:14am
Here is a quick one from the lovely toadfish who I am sure is happy to share her recipe with you.

Hope this is not too late for dinner.... Ignore the purists... In our house we make scone dough bases and still call it pizza... so shoot us. All I do is measure out about 2 cups of flour and 1 tsp Baking powder a couple of Tablespoons of Olive oil and mix together to form a stiff dough with milk... then put whatever takes your fancy on it.... Yes I know its not traditional pizza but the family loves it and we call it "Pizza"! I also make a yeast bases and to be honest the family has never shown me any preference. ENJOY!!!