WHERE CAN I FIND ALL THE ONE BOWL CAKE RECIPIES

gerry64, Oct 15, 11:45pm
Bananas are so cheap over her in OZ would love to make a quick banana cake

calista, Oct 15, 11:56pm
Gerry -enter the words 'banana cake' in the box at the top lefthand side of your screen and hit the search button.You may like to adjust the 'date posted' to give you a greater number.

gerry64, Oct 16, 12:23am
cheers calista

kennymac, Oct 16, 7:32am
I copied this recipe from here and have made it many times.
BANANA CAKE (FAMILY SIZE) - 5 over-ripe bananas mashed, 250 ml vegetable oil, 295g castor sugar, 4 eggs, 410g self raising flour, 1 tsp baking soda. Grease a deep 23cm square cake pan. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix with electric mixer. Beat on low speed until ingredients are combined, then beat on med speed until mixture is smooth and changed in colour. Pour mix in prepared pan. Bake in mod slow oven for about 1 1/4 hrs. Stand 5 mins before turning on wire rack to cool.

torichic, May 7, 2:54am
This one iseasy as and very nice
150g butter,3/4 C sugar, 2 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla essence,1 C mashed banana,2 C flour, 2 tsp Bp.1/2 tsp baking soda,1/2 C milk
melt butter, add sugar, eggs, & essence and mix well,,sift flour,bp &bs...,add to butter mixand slowly add milk and bananas and mix,,,bake at 180 C 30-40mins

kiwibubbles, May 7, 3:43am
cheap in oz? there was another poster stating her sister in aussie was saying bananas were like $15 a kg or something like that...... perhaps i read the post wrong.

nzhel, May 7, 12:15pm
Bananas were $12.95 kg in Safeway in Epping, Melbourne at Easter when we were over there.....

gerry64, May 7, 1:10pm
Between October when I was buying them cheap and asked for this recipe the banana crops have been destroyed that is why there is such a difference in the prices - however I did by bananas today in Bathurst for $8.95 - but they dont import any bananas over here to protect the growers - weird my October thread being resurected

lindylambchops1, May 8, 1:40am

lost-in-oz, May 8, 2:31am
LOL...I just had to look at the date on these posts.

Banana's at the moment are $12+ per kilo.

lythande1, May 8, 2:46am
1 bowl? Aren't all cakes one bowl?

onekiwigirl, May 8, 9:49pm
Yes we have just come back from Adelaide and Bananas were $15.00 per Kg at the Marion shopping centre, needless to say we did not buy any, so not sure where in Oz you can get cheap bananas!Cheers

onekiwigirl, May 8, 9:53pm
Well I guess we are very lucky here in NZ as we think we are hard done by if the rise over $3.00 per kg because they are usually less than $3.00 per kg. Cheers