Chocolate Pudding soft in the middle

mary92, Feb 24, 12:14pm
Could any of you ladies/gentlemen please help me with a recipe for this pudding.
Have heaps of books and cannot see it, would probably help if I knew what it is called. Many thanks

paghan, Feb 24, 7:19pm
It is called Fondant, very easy to make and just devine to eat.

Chocolate Fondant

280g best-quality dark chocolate

200g unsalted butter plus a little extra for greasing the moulds

8 whole eggs

230g sugar

160g flour

Preheat the oven to 180? C. Break the chocolate into small pieces, then place in a bowl with the butter. Sit the bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water, ensuring the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Leave the chocolate and butter to melt, then beat the eggs, sugar and flour until combined. Remove the bowl of chocolate from the heat and whisk in the egg mixture until it is shiny and glossy. Grease 4 ramekins or ovenproof cups with a smear of butter, then pour in the mixture and bake for 8-12 minutes. The top of the fondants will still look wet when they are removed from the oven, but this is okay. Let them cool slightly, then run the tip of a sharp knife around the edge of the dish and carefully invert them onto individual serving plates.

245sam, Feb 24, 7:34pm
mary92, I have seen those puddings called various names- here's a couple of examples - these recipes are thanks to TM's a_kiwi_grl

CHOCOLATE MOUSSE PUDDINGS
85g Nestlé milk or dark chocolate bits
1 egg
3 tbsp flour

Melt the chocolate onMEDIUMin the microwave. With a whisk stir in the eggs and flour. Put 2 muffin paper cases into a standard muffin tin. Pour ½ of the mixture into each paper cup.
Bake at180°C until the sides are set but the middle is still 'liquidy'. Serve with whipped cream and shaved chocolate.
Serves 2.

INDIVIDUAL CHOCOLATE MOUSSE PUDDINGS
250g milk chocolate, melted
3 eggs
¼ cup flour

Whisk the eggs and flour into the melted chocolate. Pour the mixture into 6 muffin pans lined with paper muffin liners.
Bake at180°Cfor12-14 minutes – the outside should be firm but the middle “liquidy” - they have a mousse-like inside and cake outside. “I served them with whipped cream and a mini chocolate fish” - a_kiwi_girl .

and here's the link to another recipe:-

http://joseagar.com/recipes/category:desserts-and-puddings/g
ooey-middle-molten-chocolate-puds/

mary92, Feb 27, 9:42am
A big thank you to the people that sent the recipe for the pudding/cake. Making it to-morrow.