Eggnog recipe

squeakygirl, Oct 3, 6:00am
x1
does anyone have the recipe for eggnog with vanilla icecream. I think it was eggs, icecream and whisky but I'm not sure.

noonesgirl, Oct 3, 6:05am
x1
Check out l/h message board. Key in Eggnog then date posted anytime - recipies there.

casey12, Jun 22, 8:56am
I would like this recipe too if anyone has it

suzanna, Jun 22, 2:22pm
Cooks.com - Recipes - Egg Nog Ice Cream.
www.cooks.com › Recipes This is one recipe but if you google 'eggnog using ice cream' you will find many possibilities. Let us know which one you made and how it tasted as it seems anything goes re ingredients especially the alcohol content. Didn't realise also just how many recipes there are for eggnog ice cream.

suzanna, Jun 22, 2:36pm
A recipe written in my Christmas book but cant remember where I copied it from is simply:
2 ltrs French vanilla ice cream
1 doz eggs
750 mls whiskey
nutmeg
Beat first three ingredients, pour into a punch bowl or cups and sprinkle with nutmeg.

suzanna, Jun 22, 2:39pm
This is one from the cooks.com site which wouldn't cut and paste before!

ICE CREAM EGG NOG

12 eggs, separated
12 tablespoons sugar
12 tablespoons rum (3/4 cup)
12 tablespoons whiskey (3/4 cup)
1 1/2 pints heavy or whipping cream, whipped
1 1/2 to 2 quarts good quality vanilla ice cream
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg

Use only a high quality ice cream for this recipe; bargain brands contain too much air and chemicals. Read the label! French vanilla flavor also works well.
Beat egg yolks until light and fluffy using the wire whisk attachment of an electric mixer. Gradually add sugar, beating until light. Slowly pour in rum and whiskey while beating on low speed. Add nutmeg.

Separate eggs and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in. In a chilled bowl of an electric mixer, beat heavy cream until whipped (a tablespoon of vanilla/rum can be added to flavor the cream). Gently fold the whipped cream into the egg nog.

Serve well chilled in a large punch bowl with dollops of ice cream. Have spoons available.

casey12, Jun 23, 10:24am
hi suzanna, I like the easy recipe you mentioned, but am too scared to try it in case its terrible (because of the cost of making it) .. have you made it?could i beat it up in a large pot, then transer to a couple of large jugs and store in the frig for a couple of hours before people arrive, then give it a stir and serve?I just cant imagine the eggs whipped up like that, just seems weird .. maybe I should make a tiny test batch?