Breadmaker query please

sandra25, Sep 24, 7:44pm
x1
I have a Breville Bakers Oven Deluxe, about 8 years old maybe. I make bread 2-3 times a week, usually during the night on timer. Last week I made a loaf during the day and the machine has the most horrible squeaking/squaling noise when the paddle turns (haven't used it since). Emailed Breville, they gave me the name of a couple of service agents in Welly who said 'sorry no parts'. Anyone else had the same problem and had it repaired? I don't want to lose my old faithful - went and looked at new ones yesterday - what to buy?????
Thanx.

pickles7, Sep 24, 8:24pm
x1
Could it be as simple as adding a little more water. Just 1 Tablespoon at a time. I don't make bread at night now. Our flour changes so much these days.
I noticed the cornflour is not as good as well. I had to use twice as much the other night. Looked to see where it was manufactured, nothing. IT just said packaged in New Zealand. Scary, I don't as a rule buy melamine contaminated products, but that did go through my mind.

marlin9, Sep 25, 3:43am
x1
Had a cascade one for over 12 years and it started making funny noises and we got a new one (Panasonic) and hubby decided to see what had caused the old one to died and it had a thing like a fan belt and it was just down to threads - so know why the last lot of bread did not turn; so glad I got the new one.

sandra25, Apr 16, 4:13am
x1
Yes, hubby has taken mine apart today and it has a belt too. The prongy thing that turns around is scratched and obviously worn so he's going to try to sand/polish it to smooth it to see if that helps. Otherwise it's a new one too. General opinion on here seems to be go for a Panasonic, but I am leaning towards another Breville....