Ice Cream makers?????

iriegirl, Sep 24, 2:45am
To all you out there who own one, differences between them? Magimix vs Cusinart? Want to buy one but which one?

cookessentials, Sep 24, 2:48am
I have neither. I have a Krups which I am mpore than happy with. If you had to have or other of those, go for the Magimix.

greerg, Sep 24, 4:30am
I have a Magimix that I really love.

jed, Sep 25, 3:14am
I also have Krupps one.It sits in the back of the cupboard.Need inspiration.Please share your favourite recipe.TIA

jed, Sep 25, 11:04pm
Pleeeaaassseeee share!!!!!!:)

greerg, Sep 25, 11:37pm
Basic custard based ice-cream
4 egg yolks 100 grms caster sugar
240 mls milk 360 mls cream
2 teasp pure vanilla

Place the eggs and sugar in the top of a double boiler and whisk thoroughly.Heat the milk and gradually pour it into the egg mixture whisking all the time.Rinse a bowl in cold water and have ready.Heat the custard mixture until the mixture is slightly thickened, pour into cold bowl and leave till cold. Add the cream and vanilla and any other flavourings.Pour into churn and freeze.
Baileys – 3 tbspns Baileys Irish Cream
Rum and raisin – 75 grms raisins soaked overnight in 3 tbspns rum
Coffee – 3 tbspns coffee essence/3 tbspns freeze dried coffee
Mocha – 4 teasp cocoa mixed to a paste with water & 2 tbspns coffee
Oreo – 1 cup coarsely crumbed Oreo Cookies

greerg, Sep 25, 11:38pm
BERRY ICECREAM

Custard: ½ cup caster sugar, 3 egg yolks, 1 cup standard milk
Berry mixture: 2 heaped cups of berries, ½ cup caster sugar
Cream: 1 cup cream 1 teasp vanilla essence
Place the eggs and sugar in the top of a double boiler and whisk thoroughly.Heat the milk and gradually pour it into the egg mixture whisking all the time.Rinse a bowl in cold water and have ready.Heat the custard mixture until the mixture is slightly thickened, pour into cold bowl and leave till cold. Add the cream the berry mixture.Pour into churn and freeze

greerg, Sep 25, 11:41pm
RASPBERRY AND WHITE CHOCOLATE ICECREAM
300 mls full fat milk, 1 teasp vanilla or ½ vanilla pod, 4 large egg yolks, 75 grms caster sugar, 200 grms white chocolate chopped,200 mls cream,200 grms fresh/ frozen raspberries, 2 extra tbspns caster sugar
Bring milk and vanilla to boiling.Whisk egg yolks and sugar until pale and fluffy and pour in milk stirring continuously.Cook in double boiler until mixture coats the back of a spoon (70oC.).Pour over chopped chocolate and stir until heat melts the chocolate.Whip cream then fold in custard mixture.Pour into icecream maker and freeze.
Raspberry sauce: Mash berries and strain and stir in sugar.When icecream is almost finished swirl through raspberry sauce while the icecream is still churning.

greerg, Sep 25, 11:42pm
LEMON CUSTARD ICECREAM
4 egg yolks, 1 cup milk, 2 tbspns lemon zest, ½cup lemon juice, 2 cups cream, ¾ cup sugar, ½ cup lemon honey
Mix zest/juice and sugar and refrigerate.Beat the egss then add the milk heated almost to boiling.Place in a double boiler and cook until mixture coats the back of a spoon. Cool completely then add the lemon mixture.Whip the ctream to soft peak stage and add the custard.Pour into the icecream maker and process till firm.Put half in a bowl and swirl through the lemon honey.Repeat.Chill.

jed, Sep 26, 12:55am
Awesome, thanks greerg.

iriegirl, Apr 17, 12:03pm
Thanks for the advice and reciepes...must buy one now!