HELP Creaming Butter and Sugar - Melted Butter

rosielee3, Sep 22, 7:10am
Ok - so making yo-yos and ive melted the butter instead of softening it. I then added the icing sugar to the melted butter and worked out it wasnt going to work at all......AHH what can i do?

twelve12, Sep 22, 7:12am
stick it in the fridge for a bit, let it harder a little, then start beating it again.I do that ALL the time, it works out fine :D

rosielee3, Sep 22, 7:13am
phew - i am making a double batch and it takes 350g butter! I did shove it in the fridge before diving onto the message boards to ask!

kay141, Sep 22, 7:16am
Freezer is even quicker.

rosielee3, Sep 22, 9:21am
Worked amazing. Thanks again ladies!

sooseque, Sep 22, 9:27am
I did that in the weekend when making peanut buscuits, I ran cold water in the sink and sat the glass mixing bowl in there, then after about five minutes continued mixing, it was still a bit runny but the biscuits came out fine

donnabeth, Apr 9, 6:45pm
That's interesting. I've had to change recipes a few times when I ended up with melted butter.Like so many people I've accidentally added and extra 0 on the microwave when 'softening' butter.

Years ago I remember Alison Holst saying that recipes were a chemical formula and melted butterbecomes oil which won't reconstitute to its original state. I've never thought to challenge that, but will try cooling in the future. (you see, already I'm accepting that it probably won't happen immediately but it WILL happen)