Yorkshire pudding

jacko30, Sep 20, 5:54am
Has any one got a never fail yorkshire pudding recipe as mine dont rise for some reason thanks in advance.

eastie3, Sep 20, 5:57am
The fat/oil has to be really hot when you add the batter.

jacko30, Sep 20, 5:59am
Thanks eastie3 but I did do all that think it must be in the recipe mix I will have to try another one I guess.

nfh1, Sep 20, 6:07am
Oven must be really hot and no peeping!I make the mix and let it stand for an hour before cooking.

lcl2, Sep 20, 6:22am
Try this one (no need for lots of hot oil)
1 cup self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
salt and peper
1 tsp herbs (optional)
1 egg
enough milk to make a really thick batter
Mix altoghther until smooth but do not over beat

Grease muffin tins and heat in the oven for a few minutes.
Put mixture in muffin tins and bake until cooked (about 10 to 15 minutes

erewhon04, Sep 20, 6:37am
Edmonds recipe works for me each time.

nauru, Sep 20, 7:30am
Tried & tested British recipe from my Yorkshire neighbour

1 cup plain flour
2 eggs
1 tablsp oil
1/2 teasp salt
300ml half milk & half water mixed

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, give a good whisk until smooth and leave to stand an hour. Spray muffin pan, put into preheated oven (220C) until hot.While heating pan give mixture a good whisk and then fill each muffin hole 2/3 full and put back into oven, (do this quickly) top shelf, bake for 15- 20 minutes. Somtimes I use an extra egg.They always come out well.

cimmeron, Sep 20, 7:42am
My friend is a yorkshire lady and you only ever use full cream milk. NO to green top and blue top is border-line. Also have the mixture in a jug and beat with a fork occasionally for 1hr before cooking. The more air the better the rise. Good luck and yum yum.

cookessentials, Sep 20, 7:50am
Yes, that is how my Yorkshire Mum does hers, however, she has also had a problem with hers rising and puffing up as they normally do and thinks it may be down to the flour.

nfh1, Sep 20, 8:17am
Is your oven heating to a correct temperature?

croc1, Sep 20, 10:37am
some good ones on youtube

arleneesslemont, Sep 24, 11:35am
i made some tonight, i put 8oz plain flour, 5 eggs, salt and pepper, and enough milk to get the right consistancy. I always add an extra egg to the recipes, never fails. this recipe makes a doz good size yorkies.

fruitluva2, Apr 14, 6:49pm
I like the ones where no lard or hot oil is needed.