Raw Milk

nfh1, Sep 20, 5:36am
Does anyone use this?If so, how long does it normally stay fresh for?Many thanks.

lcl2, Sep 20, 6:29am
When kept at the optimal temperature of 36-38° F. (2.2-3.3°C.) you can expect fresh raw milk to last from 7-10 days. Higher temperatures allow the normally occurring lactobacilli to get busy making lactic acid, which gives soured milk its characteristically tangy taste and reduces its shelf life. Bring a cooler bag and ice or gel packs with you when buying milk on hot summer days or if you have a long drive home - it'll stay fresher tasting longer.

nfh1, Sep 20, 8:33am
Thank you - I thought I would move to raw milk but can only get it in 2 litre bottles.

twelve12, Apr 5, 7:51am
Raw milk is amazing.A-MAZE-ING.
I have been allergic to milk my whole life, almost died as a baby, was that pathetic kid who had carob easter eggs as a kid.. blah blah blah
Although its now more of an intolerance, I can drink as much raw milk as I like with NO effects.No gluggy mouth or nausea.Its awesome :)Its ok for cats to have a little bit too!!

You cant say how long it will keep.Sometimes it lasts ages, sometimes only a few days.Keep the lid on tight.The good thing is you can smell as soon as you shouldn't be drinking it anymore, unlike normal milk, which can smell fine, then kill you :P