Excess milk... what to do?

1spud, Sep 19, 9:34pm
My flatmate has gone away and left a litre of milk in the fridge to be used before the 22nd but I don’t like milk so am stuck for ideas on how to it. So if you have any baking recipes that would use up this milk it would be much appreciated.Cheers

pheebs1, Sep 19, 9:39pm
freeze it?? or use it in a lasagne ir cheese sauce?? actuallly cheese sauce on everything is good!!!mmmmmmmmmmm

oooooohh rice pudding?? that uses quite alot of milk and there are some lovely recipes on here that you can make in your crockpot also!

but if your not someone who likes milk id freeze it for your flatmate to use in cooking on their return

pickles7, Sep 19, 9:41pm
Give it to the boy next door.

cookessentials, Sep 19, 10:00pm
It freezes very easily. Is it in a plastic container or a cardboard one? The plastic containers freeze more easily as the milk will expand slightly upon freezing.

red2, Sep 19, 10:08pm
quiche , macaroni cheese , rice pudding

beaker59, Sep 19, 10:44pm
Scones

books4nz, Sep 20, 3:03am
Custard, rice pudding, make porridge using milk instead of water, any baking recipe thsat uses milk.

shelley39, Sep 20, 3:38am
lime milkshake. My favourite. Milk pudding. Cakes cheese sauce or freeze it.

wasgonna, Sep 20, 4:39am
Sell it back to Fonterra.

rainrain1, Sep 20, 7:53am
I find that frozen milk seperates once thawed and I have to throw it out, does anyone else have this problem?

greerg, Sep 20, 8:03am
I only freeze trim milk so that might make a difference but I do it all the time and have had no problems.Is it the separation problem with blue milk?

rainrain1, Apr 3, 6:13pm
Trim green top, and the blue...both, so I don't bother now and tip any extradown the gurgler