Painting a wooden cake board???

slick9, Sep 18, 9:40pm
Hi all, does anyone know if you can use a non-toxic paint or other paint type for painting a cake board? Has anyone tried this? Any feedback much appreciated.

chef1964, Sep 18, 9:49pm
never really seen them painted before myself , I know a kitchen cabinent maker place not far from me gives away all their off cuts of melamine (sp?) - some of which can be quite large - so that might be better

pickles7, Sep 18, 9:50pm
I would only paint the edge, people will be put off, or you will spend a lot of time explaining , the paint is not leaded. lol. maybe a edge that could be removed, made of cardboard.

rainrain1, Sep 18, 10:04pm
Cover it with tinfoil

nauru, Sep 19, 12:50am
If you go to a cake decorating shop you can buy the paper by the metre which they use to cover cake boards.Also try spotlight as they used to keep it.

anne1955, Sep 19, 5:32am
I'm with others I would go near paint and food in general there is coloured foil out there now if you need it a certain colour seen it here on tm also in other places probably a spotlight shop or ask a cake shope that does cakes to order...

gardie, Sep 19, 5:34am
You could also cover the board in fondant which can then be thrown away - I've seen boards done this way to match the cake.

chicco2, Mar 31, 8:17am
x1
If its a painted finish you want you can paint the board. Leaded paint isnt around any more. Just be sure its properley dry. Please dont put TIN FOIL on the board, it moves and rips and looks yuky.