Pork strips

17007, Sep 15, 3:37am
How do you cook yours???

caro25, Sep 15, 3:45am
grill

wellyamerican, Sep 15, 3:53am
I simmer them with some garlic, salt and pepper, strain, and then baste with Smoked Hickory Sauce and bake them in the oven,,,,YUMMY

fee1965, Sep 15, 4:40am
This recipe is well worth the effort/extra ingred, we had it last sat night, we made total pigs of ourselves, was so tender and scrummy:
2 Tbsp Peanut Oil1 Litre Water
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil¼ C Brown Sugar
1 Kg Pork (belly or slices)1 Cup Dark Soy Sauce
2 Small Cinnamon Sticks1 Tsp Fresh Ginger
1 Orange, juice and peel2 Star Anise
3 Cloves Garlic3 Spring Onions (finely sliced)

1.Heat peanut oil and sesame oil in fry pan, brown lightly on both sides of the pork – remove from pan.
2. Add cinnamon sticks, star anise, garlic, onions and ginger and stir fry 1 minute.
3. Add orange juice, zest of ½ the orange, soy sauce and brown sugar.Stir 1 minute til sugar has dissolved.
4. Add the water and pour into casserole dish and add pork.
5. Place a piece of baking/greaseproof paper over the pork and then place lid on.
6. Simmer gently in oven for 3 hours on low.
7. Remove pork – if using belly, skin side up place under grill and cook until skin crackles.
8. Whilst pork is grilling, put liquid into pan and boil rapidly to reduce by half.Strain and thicken slightly.

margyr, Sep 15, 5:41am
slice onion and apple lay this on the bottom of roasting dish, lay slices on the top, sprinkle a little brown sugar, paprika, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar over the slices, put in about half a cup of water and bake at 150 till looking yummy, place slices on another dish and put back in the oven, pour juices into a pot and either mash or stick blend all together yummy gravy.

lookingfor, Mar 21, 11:20am
Wow, I think I will go buy some pork strips