Cheese cake recipes?

obi1kenobi10, Sep 13, 1:17pm
this will be my first time trying this.does anybody have any tips to give please.

cookessentials, Sep 14, 1:56am
Personally, I prefer a baked cheesecake as opposed to a chilled one that uses gelatine.

cheese-mike, Sep 14, 2:52am
This is by far the best cheesecake recipe!
I would never make another recipe, try it!

Cheesecake
This is a great basic cheesecake recipe, the texture is perfect and it works well with any additions. Anyone who tastes it will ask for seconds, it is delicious.
CRUST
 2 cups / 180 g graham cracker crumbs
 113g butter, melted
 2 tablespoons sugar
 1 teaspoons vanilla extract

CHEESECAKE
 680g cream cheese
1 cup sugar
 3 large eggs
 1 cup heavy cream
 1 tablespoons lemon juice
 1 tablespoons vanilla extract (or the innards of a vanilla bean)
 1 tablespoons liqueur, optional, but choose what will work well with your cheesecake
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 180C . Begin to boil a large pot of water for the water bath.
2. Mix together the crust ingredients and press into your preferred pan. You can press the crust just into the bottom, or up the sides of the pan too - baker's choice. Set crust aside.
3. Combine cream cheese and sugar in the bowl of a stand-mixer (or in a large bowl if using a hand-mixer) and cream together until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, fully incorporating each before adding the next. Make sure to scrape down the bowl in between each egg. Add heavy cream, vanilla, lemon juice, and alcohol and blend until smooth and creamy.
4. Pour batter into prepared crust and tap the pan on the counter a few times to bring all air bubbles to the surface. Place pan into a larger pan and pour boiling water into the larger pan until halfway up the side of the cheesecake pan. If cheesecake pan is not airtight, cover bottom securely with foil before adding water.
Bake 45 to 55 minutes, until it is almost done - this can be hard to judge, but you're looking for the cake to hold together, but still have a lot of jiggle to it in the center. You don't want it to be completely firm at this stage. Close the oven door, turn the heat off, and let rest in the cooling oven for one hour. This lets the cake finish cooking and cool down gently enough so that it won't crack on the top. After one hour, remove cheesecake from oven and lift carefully out of water bath. Let it finish cooling on the counter, and then cover and put in the fridge to chill. Once fully chilled, it is ready to serve.

Use any biscuits you like for the base, just pick what works with your cheesecake.

Any other combinations you can think of are great too, this is a great recipe to be creative with

graham1972, Sep 14, 6:59am
Mrs Pattersons Cheesecake I made this for a bar-be-que and everyone that ate this cheesecake raved about it and I think one just about licked the plate lol in the cheesecake is
1 pkt of malt biscuits
5 ounces of butter melted (very old recipe)
crush biscuits and mix with melted butter and put into tin
1 pkt of cream cheese
5 ounces of sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla -optional I do not use it
1 large tin of crushed pineapple drain(keep the juice for a topping)
3 tsps gelatine
1/2 cup really hot water
Dissolve Gelatine in hot water .Mix cream cheese and sugar until well mixed and then add drained pineapple mix then add vanilla and gelatine /hot water and add to rest of the ingredients and mix then put into tin on the biscuit base.
Leave to chill can put this topping on if you want I did
Topping optional as well
Pineapple juice
1 dessertspoon of cornflour
Boil juice and cornflour together mix both together before heating and then boil stirring until syrupy spread onto chilled pineapple base
With this cheesecake you can also put into a flatter tin and cut into squares

obi1kenobi10, Sep 14, 3:51pm
thank you so much everyone.

i have a question about the gelatine/chilled cheese cake.does it taste any different from the cooked one?

katalin2, Sep 14, 6:48pm
just my opinion- the gelatine ones taste cooler, lighter, fresher; the baked ones are heavier and richer. Both are yum!

cheese-mike, Sep 14, 2:52am
This is by far the best cheesecake recipe!
I would never make another recipe, try it!

Cheesecake
This is a great basic cheesecake recipe, the texture is perfect and it works well with any additions. Anyone who tastes it will ask for seconds, it is delicious.
CRUST
 2 cups / 180 g graham cracker crumbs
 113g butter, melted
 2 tablespoons sugar
 1 teaspoons vanilla extract

CHEESECAKE
 680g cream cheese
1 cup sugar
 3 large eggs
 1 cup heavy cream
 1 tablespoons lemon juice
 1 tablespoons vanilla extract (or the innards of a vanilla bean)
 1 tablespoons liqueur, optional, but choose what will work well with your cheesecake
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 180C . Begin to boil a large pot of water for the water bath.
2. Mix together the crust ingredients and press into your preferred pan. You can press the crust just into the bottom, or up the sides of the pan too - baker's choice. Set crust aside.
3. Combine cream cheese and sugar in the bowl of a stand-mixer (or in a large bowl if using a hand-mixer) and cream together until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, fully incorporating each before adding the next. Make sure to scrape down the bowl in between each egg. Add heavy cream, vanilla, lemon juice, and alcohol and blend until smooth and creamy.
4. Pour batter into prepared crust and tap the pan on the counter a few times to bring all air bubbles to the surface. Place pan into a larger pan and pour boiling water into the larger pan until halfway up the side of the cheesecake pan. If cheesecake pan is not airtight, cover bottom securely with foil before adding water.
Bake 45 to 55 minutes, until it is almost done - this can be hard to judge, but you're looking for the cake to hold together, but still have a lot of jiggle to it in the center. You don't want it to be completely firm at this stage. Close the oven door, turn the heat off, and let rest in the cooling oven for one hour. This lets the cake finish cooking and cool down gently enough so that it won't crack on the top. After one hour, remove cheesecake from oven and lift carefully out of water bath. Let it finish cooling on the counter, and then cover and put in the fridge to chill. Once fully chilled, it is ready to serve.

Use any biscuits you like for the base, just pick what works with your cheesecake.

Any other combinations you can think of are great too, this is a great recipe to be creative with

obi1kenobi10, Sep 14, 3:51pm
thank you so much everyone.

i have a question about the gelatine/chilled cheese cake.does it taste any different from the cooked one!

bev00, Sep 15, 10:03am
trying these

kinna54, Sep 15, 10:07am
this is easy and SO yummy:

Caramel and Chocolate Cheesecake :
200g toffee pop biscuits
40gms butter (melted)
250gm pkt cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
3 teaspoons gelatine dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water
3/4 cup thickened cream (whipped)
#1 lightly grease the sides and line the base of a 22cm springform pan with baking paper or foil.
Place biscuits in a plastic bag and break into pieces with a rolling pin. *biscuits should not be totally crushed*. Reserve 1/4 cup biscuits.
Place remaining biscuits into a bowl and add butter
Mix and press into base of the prepared pan. Chill.
#2 Using electric beaters beat cream cheese and sugar until softened and combined.
Add sour cream and beat till smooth. Fold gelatine through whipped cream and then fold through cream cheese mixture.
#3 Fold in reserved biscuits. Spread mix over the chilled biscuit base. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hrs until set, or overnight if possible.
Serve with chocolate sauce, cream and chocolate curls.
This delicious cheesecake just melts in your mouth. divine.

tarshlove, Sep 16, 12:34am
Hi there I want thru the same search the other week I come across this one which I tried. My partner loves cheese cakes so i was very shocked when this one come out perfect. Even better than the cheese cake shop he said.

HEAVENLY CHEESECAKE
Crumb Crust:
1 packet plain biscuits, crushed (i used Malt)
170g butter, melted
Combine the biscuits and butter, then spread evenly into a 22•5cm (9”) springform tin and up the sides. Chill while preparing the Filling:
1 tbsp gelatine
250g cream cheese
¾ cup sugar
3 eggs
¼ cup each of water, lemon juice and milk
pinch salt
Blend the gelatine with the water and lemon juice, then set it aside. Combine the cream cheese, ½ cup sugar, beaten egg yolks, milk and salt. Cook over simmering water for 10 minutes, then blend in the gelatine mixture. Cool the mixture.
Beat 3 egg whites, gradually adding the remaining ¼ cup sugar, until soft peaks form. Fold this into cheese mixture and pour the filling carefully into crumb crust. Refrigerate. (I then used passion fruit syrup)

figjam000, Sep 16, 12:37am
There is a great simple one on the Highlander Condensed milk tin. [or there used to be]