Where to drop off baking donations in ChCh..

smiley_cherub, Sep 11, 12:06am
Hi everyone,

A few of us are getting together in the next few days to do a bit of baking to take our minds of things and have a bit of stress-free time. All going to plan and no huge baking failures, lol, we would like to donate our efforts so please let us know who is asking for donations of baking ...
Thanks

harrislucinda, Sep 11, 12:51am
whynottakethemtotheplacespeoplearestayingliketheracewayorredx,thesallies,they willknowwheretotakeyougoodstogiveout

theanimal1, Sep 11, 12:57am
what a beautiful idea xxx

nfh1, Sep 11, 1:56am
What a kind thing to do.

Have a lovely QUIET baking time.

winnie231, Sep 11, 2:22am
smiley_cherub - that's a lovely idea but you can't take it to the shelters ... they won't accept home baking because of health & safety rules.
I was listening to MoreFM - Simon Barnett's wife & daughters did exactly that and were turned away.
However the fire brigade happily received & ate their baked goodies.
You need to check - but I imagine anywhere feeding the 'workers' ... like the fire brigade, police, citycare ... can accept your thoughtful offer.

dorothy_vdh, Sep 11, 2:29am
I would take it to the emergency services, eg police fire brigade possibly even the power lines men or council workers. maybe even those students who are doing such a wonderful job with clean up

mackenzie2, Sep 11, 4:24am
Our local ladies in the MacKenzie, have been busy in their kitchens, we got ours delivered to the local CRT store and they are going around the farmers families and distributing for us

katalin2, Sep 11, 10:54pm
Local church ministers are distributing food and baking to those in need in their areas- so contact local parishes. Kaiapoi, Bexley. Brooklands especially. I believe all donations of baking etc gratefully received- have checked out with a friend who is a minister.

robyn35, Mar 12, 11:11am
lots of army and police round the burwood/dallington area and I bet they would appreciate some home baking or earlier in the week Ronald McDonald house was asking for food donations so they may like some.