Peanut Butter cookies

oli01, Sep 8, 8:52pm
many thanks for that very grateful

oli01, Sep 8, 8:55pm
I didn't realise there were so many recipes for peanut butter cookies thank you very much

angie461, Sep 8, 8:57pm
Love that single cookie, what a great idea.

wildflower, Sep 9, 4:18am
Sounds perfect for a low carb, high protein treat!

oli01, Sep 8, 12:52am
Does anyone out there have a very simple recipe to make this, easy enough for a child to make. I did have one which was great but lost it somehow. Many thanks. Keep the recipes going PLEASE

red2, Sep 8, 1:17am
I think Jo Seagar did an easy one - maybe have a look on her website ?

nigel1300, Sep 8, 1:21am
I have one that I used to make a lot, got from a friend:

Sara's Gluten-free Peanut Choc Cookies
1 cup peanut butter (either crunchy or smooth depending what you prefer)
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup choc chips
Oven to 180c

1. Beat peanut butter and sugar, then add beaten egg.
2. Work in choc chips (mixture will be hardish).
3. Spoon spoonfuls onto a tray, flatten slightly with fork.
4. Bake at 180c for 12-15 minutes.

Haven't made them for a while, but were a fav a few years back.

This is also gluten-free so handy to have on hand if you are or know gluten-free friends/family.

pam.delilah, Sep 8, 8:36am
Peanut Butter Cookies
Ingredients
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup caster sugar
½ cup melted butter
½ cup peanut butter
1 egg
1½ cups self-raising flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
Method
1. Combine sugars.
2. Add melted butter and lightly beaten egg. Mix well.
3. Gradually add sifted flour and remaining ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
4. Place teaspoonfuls of mixture onto a greased tray, flattening with a fork.
5. Bake for about 12-15 minutes at 160°C.

pam.delilah, Sep 8, 8:37am
Peanut Butter flourless Cookies
6 cookies (about 4 inches round).

1 Cup Peanut Butter, Creamy or Crunchy,
1 1/3 sugar substitute (Recommended: Splenda),
2 eggs,
1 teaspoon vanilla

: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease a large baking sheet.
In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, 1 1/3 cup sugar replacement, 2 eggs, and vanilla, and stir well with a spoon.
Roll the dough into balls the size of golf balls.
Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet.
With a fork, dipped in sugar replacement to prevent sticking, press a crisscross design on each cookie.
Note if you did not feel like touching the dough and taking the time to roll into balls, etc., just took a serving spoon and scooped up one big spoonful and put it on the baking dish. use the fork to press them
Bake for 20-30 minutes (depending of degree of darkness you like), remove from the oven, and sprinkle the cookies with some of the remaining sugar replacement.
Cool slightly before removing from pan.

pam.delilah, Sep 8, 8:41am
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Cookie The 5 Minute
An Original Recipe by Not Quite Nigella
Makes 1 single cookie
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1.5 tablespoon white sugar (it will give it more crunch than caster or superfine sugar)
• 2-3 teaspoons peanut butter
• 1/3 to 1/2 of a beaten egg
• 2 tablespoons plain flour
• tiny pinch of salt
• small dash of vanilla extract
• 3 Hershey’s Kisses or choc drops
1. Melt the butter in the microwave on short 20 second 50% bursts so that it is not sizzling but merely just melted. Mix this along with the rest of the ingredients in a bowl. Line a plate with a square of parchment. Shape the dough into a cookie shape and place on the parchment.
The microwave time is always the tricky part as each microwave is different. for example cook it on 100% power for 60 seconds-you can eat it now if you like the softer texture. fora crispy cookie microwave it on 100% for another 30 seconds. The chocolate is the part that may burn from cooking it too long so just be careful not to put it in for too long. Leave to cool for a few minutes as it will continue to cook upon cooling.

gardie, Sep 9, 6:42pm
Have the choc chip ones cooling - smell good.

gardie, Sep 9, 7:19pm
Yep.... they're good.

elliehen, Apr 19, 5:43am
Bumping this old thread to add the latest recipe from Food-in-a-Minute.Looks interesting:

SAVOURY PEANUT BUTTER SHORTBREAD
Ingredients
75g butter, softened
1/2 cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
1 egg
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/3 cup grated tasty cheese

Time & Serves
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Makes 25

Method
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Cream the butter and Crunchy Peanut Butter. Add the egg and beat well.

2. Sift the flour, baking powder and paprika into the creamed mixture. Add the black pepper and grated tasty cheese. Mix to combine and form into a ball of dough.

3. Roll dough out between 2 layers of baking paper to ½cm thick. Cut into 5cm circles with a biscuit cutter. Place on a tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 12-15 minutes until shortbread is cooked and golden. Leave on the tray to cool a little before transferring to a cooling rack. Once cold, store shortbread in an airtight container.

This Week's Tip: Rolling out dough

Rolling out the dough between two sheets of baking paper makes it much easier to handle, the dough won’t stick to the bench and cleaning up is easier too.

omaria, Apr 19, 5:47am
watch the tv1 cook just before 6 i think she is doing them this week

greerg, Apr 20, 4:16am
Ithough they looked interesting Elliehen - have you tried them?

maycey, Apr 20, 4:31am

elliehen, Apr 20, 6:19am
Not yet...it's in the 'To Do' list.Might have a crack over the long weekend.

cameo36, Apr 21, 3:15am
Well I have baked these cookies afternoon, not very impressed very much like shortbread without being sweet, nice flavour but I thought them to be very dry and they break easily.

elliehen, Apr 21, 3:30am
Might have to take it off the 'To Do' list, cameo36....Sweet shortbread does break easily too, though, and has a dry texture.

bev00, Aug 26, 9:21am
have bulk peanut butter to use up . gonna try

guest, Jan 12, 4:06am
I can't believe you're not playing with me-th-at was so helpful.

guest, Jan 13, 5:49pm
Sep20 I'm not sure where you're getting your iooirmatnfn, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more. Thanks for magnificent iooirmatnfn I was looking for this info for my mission.

guest, Jan 14, 11:17am
Yay well done! I used to love swimming in the sea but I think I wtcehad too many Jaws films. Last time I got as far as my knees then freaked out haha x