Food donations-chch animals, nth shore collection

maggie157, Sep 6, 8:21pm
A few people on the Pets and animals thread are organising to send donated cat and dog food to the rescue shelters in CHCH for all the animals that have lost their homes in the earthquake. A lot of them ran away in the earthquake and are are lost. Many have been handed in to the shelters and there are also many people who have lost their homes and have nowhere to take their pets. The local rescue shelters and kennels and catterys are taking these animals into their care and looking after them. They are desperate to get more food and we are organising a collection from Akl to be sent down. If anyone on the Nth shore would like to donate I am happy to collect it this week. I am happy to drive as far as Silverdale but If you know friends and family who would also like to contribute could you please collect their donation from them so that I am not driving a 50k round trip just to collect one tin etc.
This is just a small way that we can help the people suffering in chch. For a lot of them, knowing their animals are safe will be a huge weight off their minds. Please contact me on lizparsons at the xtra place dot co dot nz ( I am sure tm wont mind me posting an email address for this good cause) Thank you

spence11, Sep 7, 5:50am
Yes,Will get some friends to help - then contact you. Dried Food plus cans - can deliver to you - when do you want them?
Anything else you would require?only too happy to help.

calista, Sep 7, 7:27am
What a brilliant idea. I'll wander along to the Cat's protection League and give them a donation.

maggie157, Mar 10, 6:47pm
bumping for the animals. I am free to pick up this weekend if anyone else wants wants to donate