Hummingbird muffins

godstone, Sep 1, 9:32am
Anyone out there have a recipe for these delicious muffins please

dorothy_vdh, Sep 1, 7:59pm
No sorry but I'll bump it, as I too would be interested.
I've had hummingbird cake and that too is delicious

darlingmole, Sep 1, 8:01pm
Here's the recipe I use for Humming Bird Cake ...

1 1/2 C flour
2 T baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t dry ginger
1 C brown sugar
1/2 c dry coconut
2 beaten eggs
3/4 C oil
1 C mashed banana (2 banana's roughly)
450g crushed DRAINED pinapple

Mix the whole lot together and pour into greased/lined cake tin for 50 to 60 mins.I've never thought about making it into muffins ... this is a very moist and dense cake which is lovely with passionfruit icing (lemon is nice too)

pam.delilah, Sep 1, 9:04pm
Hummingbird muffins with Creamed honey spread

2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup walnuts, chopped
2 ripe bananas, mashed
440g can crushed pineapple in juice
Extra icing sugar,
for dusting

Creamed honey spread
250g light cream cheese, chopped
2 Tbsp icing sugar
1/4 cup creamed honey

1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Sift self-raising flour and cinnamon into a large bowl and stir in sugar. Add egg, oil, walnut, banana and pineapple and stir until mixture is just combined.

2 Spoon muffin mixture into prepared pan until it comes two-thirds of the way up the sides of the cases. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the centre. Allow muffins to cool in the pan. When cold, dust muffins with icing sugarServe the muffins with a generous dollop of Creamed honey spread.

3 To make Creamed honey spread: Put cream cheese, icing sugar and creamed honey in a bowl and beat with a spoon until smooth.

margyr, Sep 2, 6:36pm
hi, my recipe is just about the same as those above except it has pecans rather than walnuts. when at the cafe i used to make the cake up as muffins and put a cream cheese icing on them, they were very popular.

brideeshere, Jul 6, 11:18am
pam.delilah - do you add the juice of the crushed pineapple regarding your muffin recipe shared above?Was thinking about making these tomorrow and just wanted to confirm whether the juice is used or just the pineapple (after being drained).Many thanks.

margyr, Jul 6, 9:26pm
Hi not pam. but on reading her recipe I would say put the whole lot in as there does not seem to be much other liquid.

pam.delilah, Jul 6, 9:48pm
as margyr said , yes the juice as well