What type of bread?

evorotorua, Sep 2, 9:07am
This is frustrating me something terrible! I had a 'toasted' snadwich in Sydney last weekend and it was called something like 'sciabetta"???? (I think the word was actually a little longer than that) For the life of me I don't know the exact name of the type of bread. Similar to a cross between a panini and ciabatta bread. Any ideas? I just want the name of that type of bread please please please.

michelle_09, Sep 2, 9:10am
Ciabatta - It's yummo! Comes as a longish flattish loaf

michelle_09, Sep 2, 9:11am
Oh oops, it was a cross between a ciabatta haha, uh, wouldn't know but it sounds good!

evorotorua, Sep 2, 9:16am
It was soooo good. Filling was chicken bacon spinach and mayo. Toasted to perfection. I just wish I could remember the name. i even asked the waitress to pronounce it for me and now I have forgotten!!!! It was very similar to ciabatta but that wasn't the name. Maybe I will email them if I can find an address.

michelle_09, Sep 2, 9:18am
Yeah, do you remember the name of the cafe at all? A the cafe might have a website, and it might have the menu on the website

evorotorua, Sep 2, 9:20am
It was the Lindt chocolate cafe in Sydney. The cafe itself doesn't appear to have it's own website.

helen35, Sep 5, 2:31am
Ciaccino or Schiaccia,
Go to deliciousitaly.com...all the Italian Breads are listed there....good luck!!!

evorotorua, Sep 5, 3:05am
Yay Helen35! You have put me out of my misery. It must be schiaccia. Looks a lot like ciabatta but I knew that wasn't the word. Thank you so much. Must go try and make some.

lythande1, Sep 5, 5:47am
Could have just been the crap Aussie accent......

evorotorua, Feb 27, 11:19am
Lol. No it was written on the menu.