Ginger Crunch Disaster

taurus2005, Aug 20, 9:13pm
I tried a new Ginger crunch recipe from Google. Followed the instructions carefully but the icing turned out so sweet that we just cant eat it. I have tried to scrape the icing off but its really stuck on. Am tempted to throw it all out, such a waste. Any idea on what I can do with this please - maybe turn it into cookies or something?

2halls, Aug 20, 9:23pm
Could you smash it all up in a plastic bag with a rolling pin ? If so, you might be able to turn it into one of those lovely uncooked fudge slices ? You could add chopped glace ginger to give it more of a ginger hit and cut the sweetness a bit ? I did this once with a failed batch of biscuits, and my hubby said it was the best fudge slice ever ! :-)

2halls, Aug 20, 9:25pm
Just another thought ... you could smash it and use it as a sprinkle for ice cream, or as part of a crumble topping for pears ? Ginger is gorgeous with pears, just cut the sugar right down in your usual crumble topping :-)

jed, Aug 20, 9:36pm
Can you reheat the slice to soften the icing and then scrape it off. You can then re ice it with your normal ginger crunch icing.

elliehen, Aug 20, 11:06pm
Perhaps crumble it and press it into a tin as a base for an uncooked cheesecake - topping could be yoghurt set with a little gelatine.

taurus2005, Feb 11, 6:50pm
Thanks so much guys, I will give some of this a go.