Creamy chicken cassarole, anyone got a recipe

smh63, Aug 11, 10:39pm
I used to have a ricipe for this, it had a can of evaporated milk in it , anyone got one they wish to share please. Thank you

smh63, Aug 12, 12:44am
anyone please

meescha, Aug 12, 1:08am
I have never used evaporated milk, what I do is brown chicken pieces, sliced onion, bacon & mushrooms in chicken fat, add can of either mushroom or chicken soup, season, cook in casserole till cooked, top with mashed potato & grated cheese till brown.

popelka1, Aug 16, 3:54am
I think I know the one your ona bout #1 but I know it as Coronation Chicken. Apart frm the regualr chicken and onion, I also throw in a chopped red capsicum and some spring onions (or peas) at the last minute the sauce is a can of Evap milk, a dash of Worcestershire Sauce (or soy if you don't have Worcester) and a paket of Maggi chicken soup mix. Thats all i put in mine and if the sauce gets too thick I thin it down with cream

rkcroft, Jan 29, 1:02pm
This is one my mum used to make when I was younger:
1 whole cooked chicken, meat removed from bones and shredded
1 395gm can evaporated milk
1 45gm pkt of cream of chicken soup
6 large mushrooms finely chopped
1 large onion finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1T oil
1/2 pkt sage & onion flavoured stuffing mix

place shredded chicken into casserole dish & set aside.
Heat oil in frying pan and saute onion, garlic & mushrooms until cooked. Add to the chicken.
Pour 300ml of evaporated milk into a jug and add 300ml water. Mix in pkt soup.
Pour over chicken & mushrooms and season with pepper.
Sprinkle over stuffing mix
Bake @ 180C for about 25mins until topping is golden.
NB keep rest of evaporated milk and add to casserole if it looks like its getting a bit thick during cooking.