Any recipes for a bready dip thing please!!!

khattabox, Aug 3, 7:41am
Hi all, I went to a bday party and they made this DELICIOUS bready dip thing. The loaf was hollowed out and filled with a cheesy hot sauce... it sounds weird but I desperately wanna make it for my sons bday party this weekend! ! ! anyone got any recipes please? !

rainrain1, Aug 3, 7:55am
Was it like this... ... . .

Here is Sue's Bread Dip Recipe

1 bread cob
2 cartons sour cream
2 cloves crushed garlic
1 cup tasty cheese
1 Tblpsn parmesan cheese
1 tsp curry powder
1 pkt french onion soup mix
1/2 cup pine nuts
250g frozen spinach
1 Tblpsn parsley

Cut top from bread and keep. Remove inside and bake in oven. Combine all other ingredients and heat until cheese has melted and all other ingredients have mixed well. Spoon mixture into bread case. Enjoy! ! ! !

winnie231, Aug 3, 7:55am
It's very popular on the MB here ... just type 'cob loaf' into the search function on the left of the page & select ' anytime' for the date posted ... you will find a selection of recipes.

margyr, Aug 3, 7:56am
hi this is from another thread; hot spinach and cream cheese dip in a hollow bread

1 carton cream cheese, 1 cup mayonaise, 1 cup grated tasty cheese, 1 chopped onion, few fresh spinach leaves chopped finely, salt and pepper - I mix it together in a pot over a low heat tll combined, Hollow out loaf (cut top off first to make a lid). Fill with cheese mix, put lid on top and wrap in foil. Cook for about 1 - 1 1/2 hrs! Stir once or twice through cooking. You can use crackers/chips to dip or bake insides of bread in oven for a bout 10 mins
Quote theanimal1 (71 )1:26 pm, Tue 23 Feb #4

khattabox, Aug 3, 8:22am
thanks guys, will search trade me for some more ideas :) the one I had had sweet chilli sauce in it... it was amazing!

darlingmole, Aug 4, 4:43am
minced beetroot and sourcream/mayo is another nice dip

olive oil and balsamic vinegar

mashed avocado with lemon juice

blt10, Dec 24, 10:45am
Sounds good.