Auckland Food Show

wellygoggles, Jul 30, 6:28am
Well I enjoyed it. Thought it was huge & varied with a surprising amount of wine stalls. Hey I spent $160 so it must have been good

motorbo, Jul 30, 6:33am
bloody hell i hope you got heaps for that money

kirinesha, Jul 30, 6:49am
We had fun. I came away with lots of haloumi, some vanilla and red pepper pickle.

lil_miss_haley, Jul 30, 8:40am
I can't wait to go on Sunday, we spent around $250 last year and got TONS of stuff. Such a great day out.

wellygoggles, Jul 30, 6:45pm
I borrowed a friends nana shopping trolley & hoped nobody recognised me! However, I definitely needed it as the first show special I bought was Beneful dogfood which took up a lot of room. I had to creep past the WeightWatchers stand eating my Movenpick icecream which I got for a gold coin donation. For dinner last night we had rustic pork sausages from Oamaru which were lovely (2 packs for $10). I also bought 2 boxes chocolates with well-known NZ wine in them for pressies;a Xmas pudding;olive oil, olives, Serano ham (supposedly the best in the world), black pudding, bread, red skinned baby spuds, 2 types of pesto, lamb stir fry, pecorino cheese, organic sprouting chickpeas etc etc

julz29, Jul 30, 10:14pm
good idea to take trolley, maybe i get partner to pull the trolley hahaha

bedazzledjewels, Jul 30, 10:33pm
You can leave bags of stuff in the coat room too.

wron, Jul 31, 4:47am
What happens if you buy a really bulky item like an appliance?

bedazzledjewels, Jul 31, 4:52am
Lol Wron! I guess you could leave it at the stall where you bought it until you were ready to leave. Or buy it last thing?

wron, Dec 13, 9:06am
Yes, that's what I thought - was thinking of an expresso machine - really heavy! I'm bringing a day hike back pack which will take lots of small things, couple of freezer pads for those sausages Welly mentioned.