Curried mince anyone? please :)

laidybug, Jul 29, 6:13am
sick of normal mince and i had it at a friends and it was yum! not able to get recipe tho.

nfh1, Jul 29, 6:21am
If you put 'Curried Mince' into the keyword box on the left and change the date posted to 'Anytime' you will probably end up with far too many recipes!

darlingmole, Jul 29, 6:40am
I fry up onion, garlic, ginger, curry powder and then add the mince - beef stock, handful of sultana's, splash of soy or worcestershire etc, a dollop of sweet tomato chutney ... just throw in whatever I have to be honest!

motorbo, Jul 29, 7:09am
that sounds very tasty! ! ! and simple! ! !

cookessentials, Jul 29, 7:11am
Mmmm, curried mince on toast... have not had that in years, but it is a real "fireside" meal.

kabbo, Jul 29, 8:09am
i make a sketty curry mince.
fry up onion, mince, beef stock cube, curry powder, bit of salt and pepper, a little bit of water and cook until mince is cooked, then add a tin of spaghetti and stir in. it's yum.
sometimes put grated cheese on top at the end and grill it.

petal1955, Jul 29, 8:29am
KIWI STYLE CURRIED MINCE

500grms mince
1 onion chopped
1 apple diced
2-3 tsp curry powder
1 cup sultanas
1 cup water
1 tsp instant chicken stock powder
2 tbsp apricot or plum jam or golden syrup
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp corn flour
Brown the mince gently in a large fry pan. Add the onion and cook until lightly browned. Add the apple and the curry powder. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring to coat the mince, onion and apple.

Add the remaining ingredients, (except the corn flour) and stir well to combine. Cover and cook over a low heat for 20-30 minutes. Mix the corn flour with a little water and make a thin paste. Stir into the mince mixture and reheat till mixture thickens.
Serve with rice or mashed potato.

motorbo, Dec 8, 5:51pm
that is so much like how myu mum used to and i now do lamb neck chops