Delicious Recipe!

nzhel, Jul 21, 1:29am
I made a delicious slice in the weekend from the June Taste magazine. It would be ideal to put out after a barbeque or take on a picnic. Will definitely make again and thought I’d post the recipe.

Lemon Sponge Slice(Julie Biuso)

125 grams butter, softened
125 grams caster sugar
2 large (size 7) eggs at room temperature, lightly beaten
125 grams self-raising flour
½ cup lemon curd (I used Barkers)
170 grams icing sugar
1-2 lemons, squeezed
¼ cup of desiccated coconut – optional

Preheat oven to 180C. Line a swiss roll tin (about 22cms x 32cms x 1. 5cms deep) with baking paper.
Beat butter until creamy with electric beater and gradually add sugar and continue to beat until light and white. Slowly beat in eggs.
Sift over flour with a pinch of salt and fold in with a large spoon.
Spoon into tin, level the surface with a spatula and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and firm to touch.
Remove from oven and rest tin on cooling rack. Spread with lemon curd while hot.
Leave to cool then mix icing sugar and lemon juice to make a runny icing. Drizzle over slice and spread carefully with a flat bladed knife. Sprinkle over coconut if using.
Slice into squares and serve. Will keep well for 2 days in airtight container.
(I put mine in the fridge and it kept well – if it lasts that long! )

Apart from it being delicious it was very quick to make and bake!

ttwisty, Jul 21, 1:30am
sounds so yummy its making me hungry

suie1, May 31, 7:00am
I have this is the oven right now, thanks for posting been looking for a recipe like this to use up lemon curd my son made at school.

gateaux, May 31, 7:35am
Yum! Thanks for posting. This sounds scrummy!

gateaux, May 31, 7:36am
What does a swiss roll tin look like?

kendy2, May 31, 9:24am
Approx 20x30cm and a couple of centimetres deep. Like what you would use to make slices in.