Meringue recipe

sinet, Jul 17, 9:03am
Hi there, while cruising the net i found a meringue recipe. While looking thru the recipe it said, don, t use a plastic bowl, use a stainless steel bowl and use eggs at room temperature, why is this? and also what is the difference between a meringue and a pavlova? thank you.

fifie, Jul 17, 9:33am
My understanding is, when making pavlovas or meringues is that egg whites at room temperature beat up much better and with more volume than ones out of the fridge and the stainless steel basin which is grease free helps them whip up nicely. Ideally use the electric mixer with a stainless bowl for your pavs or meringues, beating the sugar in well, should give you perfect pavs or meringues. Put a little cornflour in your pav this makes the outer shell slightly crunchy with a nice soft marshmallow centre, whereas your meringues are usually a softer texture.

pickles7, Jul 17, 9:52am
In the search function , on your left , Write ... pickles7... on the key word member space, and scroll down to ... anytime ... on the date posted, . You may find what you are looking for there

sinet, Jul 17, 11:20am
Hi fife, thank you for your input, this is awesome now i can try out my first meringue bakeoff cheers

sinet, Nov 5, 10:09pm
thank you pickles going there right now awesome