Quiche Pastry

peachygotit, Jul 16, 12:37am
how can i make an easy quiche pastry please, i have a food processor if that helps? ?

245sam, Jul 16, 12:42am
peachygotit, have a look at:-

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=27&t=101

There you'll find a great choice of recipes for both quiche pastry and fillings.
:-))

cookessentials, Jul 16, 12:45am
Here is the pastry I use for my salmon quich below.

A delicious family favourite, great for a light summer main meal or lunch dish.
The recipe calls for red salmon, but you can use pink if you wish.
Pastry Ingredients:
1 cup plain flour
Pinch of salt
90g butter
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp lemon juice
Filling Ingredients:
250g can red salmon
4 rashers bacon
1 & 1/2 cups cream
3 eggs
salt & pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
Pastry Method:
Sift flour and salt into a bowl, rub in butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Mix to a firm dough with beaten egg yolk and lemon juice;add one or two tbsp of water if necessary. Turn pastry onto a floured surface and knead lightly. Roll pastry on lightly floured surface to a circle large enough to fit a 23cm flan dish. Lift pastry gently over rolling pin, lift into flan tin. Ease pastry into sides of tin and press well into grooves. Roll rolling pin over top of tin firmly to trim off excess pastry. Refrigerate the pastry shell for one hour.
Filling Method:
Place flan tin on an oven tray. Drain salmon, reserving the liquid. Flake salmon and remove any bones. Chop bacon and fry gently until crisp, remove from pan and drain on kitchen paper. Beat cream, eggs, salt, pepper, paprika-
, parsley, parmesan cheese and reserved salmon liquid. Arrange flaked salmon over the base of the flan, top with bacon, then pour egg mixture over the back of a spoon into the flan case. Bake in a moderately hot oven 190C for ten minutes, reduce heat to moderately slow 160C and cook a further 30-35 minutes or until filling has set. Serve with salad and fresh crusty bread. Serves 6 as an entree or 4 as a supper snack

peachygotit, Jul 16, 12:52am
thanx guys :) @cookessentials, do you have a quiche recipe with pumpkin and pinenuts and eggs?

nzhel, Jul 16, 9:34am
That sounds delicious cookessentials - I will definitely try it also!

cookessentials, Jul 16, 9:39am
No, sorry I dont.

pickles7, Jul 16, 11:05am
why make pastry. . In the search function , on your left , Write ... pickles7... on the key word member space, and scroll down to ... anytime ... on the date posted, . You may find what you are looking for there.
I have a crust-less quiche recipe in there somewhere, real nice, and easy. I often make up a quiche to use up left overs. Really doesn't matter what goes in them , the cheesy egg custard makes, left overs shine.

pickles7, Jul 16, 11:09am
Just make one up. I have a crust less recipe, so easy you just cannot go wronge. Cook the veg, and cut into cubes to put into a quiche, sprinkle pine nuts over the top, yummmmy.
Write ... pickles7... on the key word member space, and scroll down to ... anytime ... on the date posted, . You may find what you are looking for there.

cookessentials, Nov 6, 8:57am
Up for griffo