Simple salad

muttly, Jul 13, 2:18am
I need a salad for my daughter to do as part of her collage food class that could be used for children to eat but has some challanges in it . homework for the holidayslol we just made birdsnest meringues lol

beaker59, Oct 24, 3:48pm
In invividual serving bowls, Some nice torn lettuce or salad greens as a base a slice or two of red onion and capsicum

boil an egg for each serving very soft is my personal preference then slice into 3 large pieces and place on top of individual serving. (skills are deciding softness of boiling then achieving it as cooking is about timing)

fry a rasher of bacon for each serving to crispy put aside to cool beforedraping across the egg( skill in frying and managing crispness)

In the frypan tip off excess bacon fat and toast a teaspoon each of sunflower seeds, pumkin seeds or similar. (Toast to brown not burn is a skill)

Toast a slice of nice bread and cut into small croutons sprinkle on top. (knife skills)

in a jar add one third Balsamic vinegar, one third olive oil, one third gingerale and a little crushed garlic stir well before drisling across. (a simple dressing)

A lunchtime favourite of mine which is quick easy and covers a few kitchen skills.