Liquid Pectin

wineo, Jul 13, 12:44am
Is this available in NZ, and if so where please? found it listed in a few recipies I was wanting to try

cookessentials, Jul 13, 1:39am
I am not sure. Have you asked at your local supermarket?

horizons_, Jul 13, 2:41am
Try googling "Pectin". You will get sites that give conversion rates - liquid + powder pectin. Or recipe for making you own. Good luck.

nauru, Jul 15, 3:31am
Certo liquid pectin used to be availablebut not sure if it's still around. Kings do a jam setter in powdered form available at most supermarkets

wineo, Jul 16, 3:05am
Thanks for the advice, Certo is the one I remember my mun using. I have found a conversion from liquid to dry pectin will give that a go, also have found a recipies to make my own liquid pectin using Granny Smith Apples.

nauru, Jul 17, 12:12am
Would love the recipe pls

wineo, Nov 5, 4:15pm
Liquid Pectin.
Chop 2 pounds Granny smith apples, peelings core, pips cover with 41/2 cups water, simmer 45minsor until pulpy stirring occassionally.
Pour entire contents into muslin and let strain overnight. Next Day neasure apple juice pour into large pot bring to a boil over high heat and cook until reduced by half. Refrigerate and use within4 days or pour into containers and freeze lasts up to six months (makes 11/2 cups.
also
2tablespoons liquid pectin = 4 teaspoons pwdered pectin.
I have not as yet used this recipie, good luck