Cookie press help??

watertank1, Jul 8, 10:38pm
My mum brought me a cookie press gun for my birthday, so i have been having a play around. Yesterday was a complete mess but the kids ate them so thats ok, today i have worked out it only needs one trigger action per cookie but the cookies wont sick to the tray and i am getting a bit angry with the thing! ! I am using a recipie of butter, sugar, vanil ess, milk, four, bk powder, and custard powder. I find if the mixture is too hard the end of the gun will pop off so have moisted the mixture a bit. Any help appreciated at this stage on how to get the cookies to stick to the tray and not stay attached to the gun... . . TIA

cookessentials, Jul 8, 10:48pm
Make sure you have a cold tray to start with. The dough needs to be firm, but not so firm that it gives you those problems as above. Yes, definately just one press of the trigger is all you need for each biscuit.

cookessentials, Jul 8, 10:55pm
Dont grease the tray, this will help the cookie stick to the tray and release from the gun.

pickles7, Jul 8, 11:55pm
a slight twist as you push down a little may help.

cookessentials, Jul 9, 1:10am
It has a trigger handle pickles, you dont need to push down, it is a bit like a glue gun as opposed to a "press'

tiogapass, Oct 11, 3:58pm
Try a softer dough. I have had good success with a condensed milk cookie recipe - a little less flour makes it softa nd easy to squeeze out. Also have had good success with a peanut butter cookie dough - use smooth peanut butter though otherwise the chunks cause blockages.