Bananas

pickles7, Jul 4, 4:36am
$5. 00 a whole banana box, full. Must be a glut.

sandhu, Jul 4, 5:39am
"Wicked" where did you score the whole box of Banana box from. . ? . lol. . So tell me what are you going to do with the box of bananas. . ? . .

pickles7, Jul 4, 10:07pm
p & S Hastings.
Making wine, like 3 lots, 69 liters, 90 bottles of joy. coz I bought two boxes. That is if if turns out as good as the last lot. I will post the recipe later. off to pick up jars for my vinegars.

just_lookin1, Jul 5, 8:01am
I got a box for $5 at new world too. I'm gonna make cakes and muffins and freeze them

elliehen, Jul 5, 8:42am
Somewhere on my bookshelves I've got a 1970s recipe book titled "Be Bold With Bananas". Whenever it's rediscovered the photos cause lots of hilarity.

pickles7, Jul 5, 9:38am
Banana wine
I am using 8 kg of ripe bananas skin on, for each brew. The bananas are soaking in, 10 liters of boiled water & 1 crushed campden tab.
1 tea bag brewed in a cup of boiling water.
1tsp grape tannin.
4 tsp pectolase powder. .
juice of 3 small lemons
Left over night to soak.
Today I put the juice and pulp into jelly bags and hung them up to drip. At the same time I started to feed turbo yeast, in six cups of boiled water and sugar. The juice was a lot darker this time, for this reason I mixed all the juice together, adding 6 kg of white sugar dissolved in 6 liters of boiled water. I divided the juice evenly between three brewing vessels.

pickles7, Jul 5, 10:00am
good on you. # 4
I personaly don't freeze them any more, for baking.
elliehen... good for you, to find something about a banana, to cause such hilarity. .

pickles7, Jul 6, 10:21am
o gosh, I am watching my wine come up the side . mmm just about to the top. I will have to take off the balloons and give it a big stir up. bother it. I will add another 2 liters of boiled water to each jar, it could be the juice is a bit thick.

pickles7, Oct 4, 3:52pm
shite one of the balloons popped
lol