Need a easychoc cake reciepe, for kids bday cake.

benandgabby, Jul 2, 8:11am
just made one and went wrong.

cookessentials, Jul 2, 8:18am
Check the cakes thread, there are heaps there.

bcnd, Jul 2, 8:30am
Chocolate Icecream. Soften it. Mix in a whole heap of lollies & marshmellows. Pour it into a cake tin. Turn it out when set, & ice with cream or more lollies, put on your frilly bit & pop in your candles

marcs, Jul 2, 8:36am
boatboys chocolate cake. Very nice and easy.

2 cups Sugar
1/2 cup Oil
2 Eggs

1 3/4 cups Flour
3/4 cup Cocoa
1 1/2 tsp Baking soda
1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Salt

1 cup Milk
2 tsp Vanilla essence

Procedure

1. Line a 20cm tin. Oven at 180c
2. Mix together sugar oil and egg. Sift in dry ingredients and add milk and vanilla and beat
3. Add 1 cup boiling water. Can add 2 tbs of instant coffee to water then add to cake.
4. Will be really runny, don't panic.
5. hour and half depending on your oven and size of tin you use. I use a deep 20cm tin however a 23cm tin will take an hour to bake.
6. Cool completely before eating. Best eaten the next day. Ice with chocolate icing.

molly37, Jul 3, 2:06am
This is the best cake. Its moist and delicous. My friend has made it for all her childrens birthdays, it holds well and is even better the next day.

2 cups Flour
1/2 Cup Cocoa
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/4 C Caster Sugar
125g Soft Butter
1 C Milk
250g Sour Cream
3 Eggs

Sift Flour, Cocoa, BP and Soda together.
Add Sugar, Butter, Milk and Sour Cream.
Beat with a wooden spoon (however my friend uses an electric mixer) for 2-3 mins.
Add Eggs and beat for another 3 mins till smooth.

Mixture if quite runny... dont panic
Bake 1. 10 hours
Leave in tin for 10 mins
Bake at 180... . 22cm dish, .
Enjoy

eternity04, Jul 4, 2:48am
This is the one I use all the time for kids cakes, it can be made with or without the eggs.

Chocolate Cake

1 cup water
115g butter or marg
3 Tbls cocoa
¼ tsp of baking soda
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups SR flour/ or 2 cups of plain flour and 2 tsp baking powder

Pre-heat the oven to 180oC.
Place the water, butter, sugar, baking soda and cocoa into a pot. Bring to a simmer, simmer for 1 minute. Let the mixture cool down, add lightly beaten eggs and vanilla. Add the sifted flour and mix well.
Pour into a well greased cake pan. Cook for 45 - 50 minutes.

ethelz1, Jul 4, 10:23am
Easy choc cake

In a large bowl put 3 1/2 cups flour, 2 1/2 cups sugar, 3 teaspoons baking powder, 1 1/2 cups of cocoa, 1 cup oil, 2 cups milk, 3 teaspoons baking soda, 1 teaspoon salt, 4 eggs and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Mix this to a smooth batter then add 2 cups of boiling water. Mix well. bake at 160 for an hour. This makes a huge cake. I usually get a small roasting dish and a large ring tin. You can make half a mixture if you want or do 2 cakes and freeze one. I got the recipe off the internet and its a lovely moist dark cake and so easy to make.

outoftheboxnz, Jul 5, 2:26am
I made this same recipe for the 1st time last week. I wasn't quite sure how the boiling water would work in it but it turned out to be a beaut! ! Photo attached of the end result for my daughter's 18th birthday this last weekend :=)

http://images. trademe.co.nz/photoserver/78/136505778_full. jp
g

cleggy, Oct 4, 3:41pm
I made the same recipe today for chocolate cake it looks great. Now I just need to ice it.