Marshmallow truffles

ithaka, Jun 27, 5:00am
does anyone have a recipe for marshmallow truffles suitable for children thanks

245sam, Jun 27, 5:54am
x1
ithaka, I'm assuming that you mean the truffles with the mixture rolled around a marshmallow i. e. with a marshmallow centre. If that is what you're wanting, then maybe this is the recipe you need - it's thanks to TM's jaky

"TRUFFLES
2 pkts crushed wine biscuits, 1 tin condensed milk, 2 tsp vanilla, 200g butter, 1 C brown sugar, 1 & 1/2 Tbsp cocoa. Melt everything except biscuits. Stir in wine biscuits. With wet hands shape mixture around a piece of choc or marshmallow and roll in coconut. "

That recipe and lots more truffle recipes can be found at:-

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=15&t=630

Hope that helps. :-))

fruitluva2, Jun 27, 6:50am
Gee, how'd I miss that one when looking for some recently

darlingmole, Jun 27, 7:26am
hey 245sam ... that recipe of yours (above) is that the one you roll up and put in the freezer and then slice up from frozen? I heard of a similar recipe that you cut up little eskimo lollies instead of marshmellows ...

245sam, Jun 27, 8:01am
hi darlingmole, the recipe I postedin #2 above is not mine - as I indicated in the posting it is thanks to TM's jaky and is from trademecooks. I have not made those truffles however my understanding from reading the recipe is that it is not "the one you roll up and put in the freezer and then slice up from frozen". What you describe tho' would seem to be a very convenient sweet treat to have on stand-by in the freezer so hopefully someone does have that recipe. :-))

guest, Mar 15, 8:50pm
This is the log that you put in the fridge to set, and then slice -

Lollicake Recipe
1 packet crushed malt biscuits,
1/2 tin sweetened condensed milk,
1/2 cup chopped eskimo lollies,
4 oz butter, coconut.

Melt butter and condensed mlik. Add lollies and crushed biscuits. Mix together until combined. Roll into log shape. Sprinkle with coconut.