smoothie drinks

minx3, Jan 19, 10:59am
does anyone know of a good receipe for this please. I love bananas and mangos and yoghurt and of course icecream, would want to use full milk as I'm trying to put on some weight. Have a blender also. They charge over 5 dollars here at shop but it is nice but cant keep doing that everyday. Much appreciated.

duckmoon, Jan 19, 11:03am
basic:
one banana, around 1 cup of milk - whizz...
could also add
*some ice (it makes it thick).
*some yoghurt - around 1-3tablespons.

duckmoon, Jan 19, 11:04am
mango smoothie
buy mango in a 2-3kg tin (cheapest way).
drain the tin, then freeze each piece individually, and then put into a freezer bag (so you can get them out one at a time).
Whizz frozen mango "fillet" with coconut milk/cream

lost-in-oz, Jan 19, 11:37am
Hey Minx... we just buy the mangoes off the side off the road, leave them until they are really soft. Use 1 cheek per smoothies and blend with about 5tbsp yoghurt (homebrand vanilla in 1 ltr pack is really nice), cup of milk and a squirt of honey if you want. Blend up and enjoy. This is what my kids have for breakfast all the time.
You can also use frozen berries, yoghurt, milk and blend... really yummy! You can add the icecream too if you want... we sometimes use the icecreams ones as a dessert.

wingee, Jan 19, 7:06pm
You can also use frozen berries, yoghurt, milk and blend... really yummy! You can add the icecream too if you want... we sometimes use the icecreams ones as a dessert. [/quote]
Thats all I use, throw some frozen berries in, pottle youghurt, some milk, a banana if I have any and away you go, dont put ice in as the berries are cold enough - enjoy

minx3, Jan 19, 7:18pm
ty muchly its the only thing you really want when weathers so hot plus its good for you and I can drink it on the way to work - cheers

minx3, Jan 20, 6:22am
dont know if this face is a pig or a cow but I'm hoping its a pig and I dont care lol, finished work at 3pm, went to supermarket, got my supplies and am now sitting down to my second drink, ty muchly for info

taurus2005, Jan 20, 10:09am
Banana, strawberries, icecream, milk. Blend. Yum

pvilz, Jan 20, 10:13am
we've been having smoothies for the last couple of weeks using the yummy sweet mangoes from our tree. . I use x1 mango, x1 banana, couple of TBs of Passionfruit Yoghurt, cup of ice, 1 cup of pine mango juice and blend... sooo yummy! this is enough for myself and the 5kids. . hubby does his own smoothie without the banana :)

alebix, Jan 20, 10:55am
Use frozen bananas instead of ice cream to thicken it up.

I love smoothies. Berry ones are refreshing, but I also make coffee ones too.
Make up a coffee syrup (2 t coffee, 1/4 c boiling water) let that cool then add to ice cream, milk and ice... If i make it properly it comes out like a starbucks frappicino(sp). .

samsara11, Jul 14, 11:15pm
My favourite is 1. 5 cups of soy milk, . 5 cup of yoghurt and 1cup of frozen berries and whizz. If needed, I add some sugar to sweeten but I love using frozen cherries which are sweet enough. Very filling. I prefer the taste of soy milk to ordinary milk and it also makes a creamier smoothie imo