Scallop potatoes

mber2, Jun 21, 12:19am
anyone out there have got a easy recipe please for scallop potatoes as my niece want to make it tomorrow nite for tea
Thanks

millenium1, Jun 21, 12:20am
I just put heaps of cloves of garlic with oregano and cream. I find the less you put in them, the tastier they are. Potatoes do not need alot of flavouring.

fisher, Jun 21, 12:24am
Scalloped Potatoes
Peel your potatoes and par boil in saucepan with a little salt. . Remove, slice and layer in oven proof dish... In a frypan sauté a large diced onion in a little butter and pour/spread over top of potatoes. . Now make a roux with milk, add tasty cheese and a pinch of cayenne and stir till it melts and thickens... Add 100ml of cream, stir and pour this over the onion/potato mix... Sprinkle grated tasty cheese over the top with a light dusting of paprika.
Place in oven at 180c and remove when cheese top is browned and melted. //
Variations:////
(a) Add par boiled floret's of cauliflower and broccoli to make a nice vege dish
(b) Pre fry some bacon and chop up over potatoes
(c) Add blue vein cheese to the roux for that extra flavour and bite

mber2, Jun 21, 1:19am
Thanks again for that

koruarts, Aug 24, 7:56am
Scalloped Potatoes

Slice potatoes into thin slices. (You can have a mixture of potatoe and kumara or kumara on its own... very nice). Lay them out in layers into and oven proof dish.
Mix a 300ml bottle of cream with one packet of onion soup and pour over the potatoes.
Sprinkle cheese over the top.
At this stage you can add chopped up bacon and sprinkle that over the top of the cheese.
Bung it in the oven at 180 for 30-40 mins (depends on how thick your slices are). Poke a fork in every so often to see if the potatoes are getting tender. Once they are and the top is nice and golden... serve while it is hot.

This will be a sure hit with everyone in the family! ! !
And it is great when you have heaps of people to feed. However you may need to double the ingredients.

If you are in a hurry, you can par boil the potatoes to cut the cook time :)