Tomato paste/puree

pat56, Jun 16, 1:28am
What's the difference?

andrew499, Jun 16, 1:36am
Hi. Tomato paste is a lot thicker and more concentrated than tomato purae. hope this helps.

fisher, Jun 16, 3:39am
And you need to "cook it out". . move ingredients in frypan to one side, add, and cook/heat stirring before mixing in with pan ingredients. .

stormbaby, Jun 16, 6:52am
Move over fisher (hehehe) I freeze over 50 litres of tomato puree (which is just puree'd tomatoes with a few onions thrown in) but use concentrated tomato paste to add the stronger flavour for my famous spaghetti sauces:) Paste adds the zing.

fisher, Jun 16, 6:59am
lol... 50 litres. . enough to drown in. . sadly my matoes aint producing that mutch since the move up here. . so its sun dried, frozen, and salads for me. . mind you beetroot comin out of ma ears. . lol... .

lindi4, Jun 16, 7:07am
Oh fisher... you lucky thing... cable bay! I used to live at Peria... wouldn't it be a great climate for growing almost anything? ? ? ?

fisher, Jun 16, 7:20am
lindi4. . for sure magic warm spot up here but my trellis for growing grafted toms is in the wrong place. . too much wind straight off the sea so not a lot of toms. . Thinking of moving it or installing new elsewhere more sheltered. . and glasshouse is in the future plan :}

stormbaby, Aug 14, 5:53pm
I never grow enough, we live on the Northeast part of Chch, right by the market gardens. Just a matter of waiting till the sauce tomatoes are around $1 a kilo! !